My sim keeps gasping.

by michelle_renee86

Original Post

Re: My sim keeps gasping.

Champion (Retired)

@Trismagistos wrote:
@RandomBuzzinessYou could be definitely right! I am not a console or Xbox player neither. So, @michelle_renee86, when you do play the Sims 4 on a console just discard my suggestion. If not please check your mods.

Mods are not available on console.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 11 of 18 (772 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EuphorialQueen  I do play on console, so its not mod related and she doesn't have any pets and there aren't any nearby, but I just uploaded her to the gallery.

Message 12 of 18 (743 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@michelle_renee86 wrote:

@EuphorialQueen  I do play on console, so its not mod related and she doesn't have any pets and there aren't any nearby, but I just uploaded her to the gallery.

Alexis is beautiful ... thank you for sharing her.  I used the Show/Search Sim Info Mod to take a deeper look for any possible hidden traits. It confirms the traits you listed but I have a question.  How did you manage to have a young adult with only the two traits? 
What were her parents traits? Even though I did not see any trace of an unusual hidden trait I have to wonder if the game did something that I cannot see.
She shows no trace of any type of occult DNA but are her parents alien by any chance. (Curiosity question... because LOL)
Missing Trait

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 13 of 18 (722 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@michelle_renee86 

After studying this issue I have a something that might work. Even though I did not see any absolute evidence I suspect the game may have assigned a random trait or quirk that is causing the gasping. Based on that theory I have a suggestion that I hope you will try. There is a re-trait potion that can be purchased using satisfaction points. Using this potion give you the option to change traits without using a cheat. Have your Sim drink the potion to take you into CAS to change traits. You can change them and leave the ones you like. Since the potion is pretty pricey I gathered some that were bought by my Sim (not debug) and shared them on the gallery.
Please let me know if you try this and if it works.

BeginAgain ReTrait Potion
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ECEB9BA6396211E9834E26975FCF53D6

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 14 of 18 (2,472 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, Lexi is my favorite of all my sims. As for how she only has two traits, when she aged up from teen to young adult, I couldn't find a trait that suited her or I used the re-trait potion, I can't remember which, but regardless, I couldn't find the right trait for her and so I didn't choose one and the game didn't make me, so... I have also done this with other young adult or older sims. Her parents are not aliens and as for their traits...her mother, Alison is Materialistic, Self-Assured, Good, Naturalist, Super Green Thumb, Needs No One, Collector, and Gregarious. Her father, Quinn is Neat, Loves Outdoors, Active, Mastermind, Gym Rat, Professional Slacker, Need No One, and Dastardly. I will try the re-trait potion on Lexi and let you know if the gasping stops or not.

Message 15 of 18 (638 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@michelle_renee86  Good to know more about your Sim and her family. Now that I have been thinking about it many of my Sims have been "gasping" for a long while. 😁  I just let it ride as part of the nature of the game.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 16 of 18 (615 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I used the re-trait potion on Alexis and then I played through(fast forwarded) through about a week and a half(one full term and the latter part of Lexi's previous term at university) in game. Based on that I think it worked. She didn't gasp once during the week and a half, thank you for all your help.

Message 17 of 18 (559 Views)

★ Apprentice

This behavior  is driving me nuts.  It is getting worse and worse.   My Sims look down and what to be a children at play sign pops up. They gasp in horror or just shock. Then go on as if nothing happened.   Sometimes, they look at friends or family and gasp. A little thought balloon often above their head. I can never see what it is.

Message 18 of 18 (450 Views)