Re: My sim keeps gasping.

by michelle_renee86

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My sim keeps gasping.

★★★★★ Apprentice

My sim has a thought bubble that appears over her head. It's a wave with a red circle around it and a line through it, she then gasps and puts her hands over her mouth and looks around at the floor. Does anybody know what this could possibly mean and how to stop it 

Message 1 of 18 (2,301 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@michelle_renee86 

After studying this issue I have a something that might work. Even though I did not see any absolute evidence I suspect the game may have assigned a random trait or quirk that is causing the gasping. Based on that theory I have a suggestion that I hope you will try. There is a re-trait potion that can be purchased using satisfaction points. Using this potion give you the option to change traits without using a cheat. Have your Sim drink the potion to take you into CAS to change traits. You can change them and leave the ones you like. Since the potion is pretty pricey I gathered some that were bought by my Sim (not debug) and shared them on the gallery.
Please let me know if you try this and if it works.

BeginAgain ReTrait Potion
https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/ECEB9BA6396211E9834E26975FCF53D6

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations

View in thread

Message 14 of 18 (2,497 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@michelle_renee86  Can you post an image of what you are seeing?
The red circle with a line would probably be something they do not like.
What are their traits? Paranoid or squeamish come to mind based on your description.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
Message 2 of 18 (2,277 Views)

★ Guide

@michelle_renee86  my sims do that all of the time and when I click on their action in the queue area, it's about the toddler.  So if you have a toddler, that would definitely cause the gasping and hand-to-mouth action as well.  Of course, that would have little to do with the circle with the line through it in their though bubble unless the toddler may be doing something s/he isn't supposed to perhaps..

Message 3 of 18 (2,245 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EuphorialQueen  I will post a screenshot the next time it happens. As for her traits she has Dog Lover, Top-Notch Toddler, Good Manners, Neat, Responsible, and Gregarious.

Message 4 of 18 (2,186 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@PenguinFoop  I thought about that too, but she doesn't have a toddler and she is the only sim in her household, at the moment.

Message 5 of 18 (2,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EuphorialQueen  Here are some screenshots, normal its a ocean wave but these are new.

Message 6 of 18 (2,170 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@michelle_renee86 wrote:

@EuphorialQueen  Here are some screenshots, normal its a ocean wave but these are new.

I am not 100% sure exactly what is causing this reaction. The one picture appears to be one of the Void-critters or something similar.
The other picture may be related to whatever caused her embarrassment?
It appears to be a random reaction that is more of a curiosity.  Unfortunately I am not able to provide a full explanation.
Please report back if you figure it out.

Edit to add: 
You said she is a dog lover.  Does she have a pet or is one nearby?
Is this Sim available on the gallery?
I would be willing to test your Sim to see if I can replicate this issue.

EQ Avid Sims Player
Message 7 of 18 (2,107 Views)

Champion
@EuphorialQueen and @michelle_renee86 Could this be a mod related issue? Top right corner L or Any controls? Could it be that you are in need of an update?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 8 of 18 (2,090 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Trismagistos  I'm not a console player (well for Sims 4 anyway) but I think that L symbol in the top right is for the Left stick on an XBox or PS4 controller (i.e. click the Left stick for View Controls). Is that the symbol you are referring to? If this is on XBox or PS4 it can't be mod related.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

Message 9 of 18 (2,037 Views)

Champion
@RandomBuzziness You could be definitely right! I am not a console or Xbox player neither. So, @michelle_renee86, when you do play the Sims 4 on a console just discard my suggestion. If not please check your mods.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 10 of 18 (2,024 Views)