Re: My Sims 4 spellcaster don't have a face, just floating teeth

by PugLove888

Original Post

My Sims 4 spellcaster don't have a face, just floating teeth

★★ Novice

I loaded up my sims 4 game to make a family of spell casters, but the thing is, they don't have a face, just floating teeth. Every other sim seem to be fine, it's only spell casters. When I looked up the issue online they all say to remove the mod "No EA lashes" but I don't have that mod at all and I meber downloaded it. They also say do a repair on the game which I did with no luck. I removed all skin and eye defaults, but they don't seem to be the issue either, so I don't understand...

Message 1 of 7 (11,044 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@OliverVocaloid 

Please try the following in this order:

• Exit your game and Origin.
  • Move your 'The Sims 4' folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ) to your desktop. (Save this "The Sims 4" folder for reference.)
  • Then start the game, and a new 'The Sims 4' folder will be created by the game.
  • Exit your game and Origin.
  • Now re-add a copy of the 'options.ini', 'screenshots' folder, 'saves' folder, and 'tray' folder from the "The Sims 4" folder on your desktop into your new "The Sims 4" folder ( Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 ). Replace/overwrite the newly generated files/ folders with the old files/folders from the desktop "The Sims 4" folder. 

Now see if your game works properly.

If this fixes the issue you can re-add your Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

If you have a lot of Mods/CC, use the 50/50 method:

Spoiler

The 50/50 method works as follows:

• Divide your Mods/CC from the folder on your desktop in half.
  • Add one of the halves back into the game’s Mods folder. Now re-start the game and see if the issue is still gone in the vanilla/new game-save you made.
  • If the issue did not re-appear with those added Mods/CC you can try adding the 2nd half from the desktop. If the issues did re-appear, try only adding half of those mods and see if the issue is present in the game...
  • Continue in this pattern dividing the folders’ contents in half then half again as needed to eliminate in groupings which Mods/CC are causing the issue.
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 7 (11,031 Views)

Hero

@OliverVocaloid  Do you have any cc tongues in your cc?  A similar thing happened to me except it was with mermaids.  Their faces completely disappeared in mermaid form and all I could see of their heads were teeth and the hair.   And when I finally figured out what was causing it, it was a cc tongue.  After taking it out, my sims had faces again.

Message 3 of 7 (11,011 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@OliverVocaloid It's likely a CC problem. I've noticed a lot of my spellcasters have that. It's probably an incompatible CC, although I've never taken the time to figure out which one. It's not one used very often.

More than likely it's a CC set for random usage. If you know how to use sims4studio, you can use that to turn off allow-for-random once you figure out which one is causing the problem.
Message 4 of 7 (10,946 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

this was literally my problem, tysm

Message 5 of 7 (6,508 Views)

Champion

@kiaachuu , if this doesn't work, try it again but also delete your localthumbcache.package file .  This file can retain bits of corrupted data that can mess up your game Disappointed , even if you get rid of all your outdated CC/Mods and replace them with updated versions! Raised eyebrow

The localtumbcache.package file is in your game folder (Documemts > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4). Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 7 (6,488 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you. I took out my WW tongues and it worked

Message 7 of 7 (6,107 Views)