• Ancestors/Generations
  • Horses
  • Boarding Schools
  • More relationship options in CAS
Message 1 of 2 (209 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 Suggestions <3

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I think a lot of these would be awesome. At the same time, with how the Sims 4 has gone by in these past years... Sims 4 will either perhaps never be good enough, or the time it is "good enough" it is when its run has ended because it is by then EA has managed to place in all the things they should have before releasing the base game and the packs that should have had the additional aspects. Come that time, a lot of simmers will be burnt out of the game play and just be saying, "Now let's see if I can get my first, second or third generation to keep running." I'm burnt out with the game play and I have never played the previous versions (I have been a vague spectator, though) and am sorely tempted to try to find a way to play Sims 2. (My eldest brother should still have his.)

It shouldn't be this way. The Sims 4 has been running for half a decade now!

I see generation 4 just being better off as a creative designer platform. The CAS and Build Mode are the things that do not get boring. Simmers who aren't even being paid to create things are what keep the game play from becoming almost nil by making challenges, mods for things that are lacking and CC. Even those those things, however, only ease the dying interest in the game play, however. Even the times EA has tried to spice things up by adding in things from previous generations have been sorely lacking.

Babies? Well, it came with babies, but you can interact with a rat with more personality. It is good that the sims in the Sims 4 don't just place them on the ground, but dang... what is this? Think of your entire infant stage being kept in a box and only picked up once in a while? This is where we need an imaginary therapist to show up later in our sim's lives.

Toddlers? Well, they do more than babies, but they are very much like that "middle child" syndrome. EA provided them after much complaint, and there is more interaction than with the babies... but to this day simmers are still going on about how little focus there is on them. I personally have no interest in babies or toddlers, but I will say in the past games they were a lot more interesting to watch others play. There were so much more interactions from the kids to adults with them.

Kids even feel hollow. Unless you have them to set to socialize while at school... your kid has no one to come over. Even at playgrounds when you have them play together on some equipment they don't really interact with each other. You have one kid failing at school and another one is succeeding? You'd never know by how they act.

I haven't played University, but I've already seen enough lamenting comments.

Tragic Clown? Obviously people since the Sims 2 wanted him back that they even made a mod for him and others later wanted him again when Sims 4 was still somewhat starting out. Sims 4 Tragic Clown? WTF? He is supposed to be a well-meaning, unintentional menace that won't go away! He is like a minion of a mini boss that you have to work at to get to leave your sims alone. Then outside of those times, he's supposed to be actually amusing, popping up in places where you pause and actually care to see what he will do. He didn't need to do the exact same stuff as in The Sims from 2000, but one could really have played off that. Oh, no one remembered your birthday and now you are sad? Oh *! The Tragic Clown appeared and is trying to cheer you up. Now you can't even focus on your sadness because you've got to get rid of him, but he is almost impossible to get rid of! Then EA could have come up with creative ways for a Sim to get him to leave. Have high fitness? Well, if you have a higher fitness level than him, you can brawl and kick him out. Have high charisma? If high enough you can actually ask him to leave and he will! Have high mischief? Prank him until he is happy or maybe even dazed!

What do we get? "You can now play as the Tragic Clown and/or add it to your family!" EA, are you mocking those with severe depression or those who have close friends and family with severe depression? Even more, the Tragic Clown isn't even a THE. It can be anyone! No set traits, gender, ethnicity. If you are going to do that, make it interesting! Maybe those "tragic clowns" were once normal sims who were cursed justly or unjustly. Then your sim could have choices. Ignore and just try to keep the menace away, find out about the one you summoned and if you like what you see, you can work at undoing the curse. If you don't like what you see, "This Tragic Clown I summoned will be excellent stress relief for my darker side."

I've mentioned before in places about wanting to see the Social Bunny, the Therapist and various other NPCs brought back... but I should have been more specific: Bring them back with the true essence they had when they first show up. Don't bring them back as an annoying, useless shell.

Pets? It was fun... but very lacking. Even though you can have cat and make it look like a racoon, a dog and you can make it look like a fox... A cat is a cat and a dog is a dog. Simmers have taken certain advantages with the flexibility of the CAS to make many other animals that were ignored, but even if it looks like a deer... it meows or barks, chases its tail and other behaviors it shouldn't be doing. Sims 3 player keep crying about horses and can still dream of how great they would be, but... in the end, even if we do get horses in the Sims 4, I pretty much see all the horse lovers getting excited and then be disappointed. Also, with past NPCs... this would have been a good time to have brought Henry LeStanc around. Were is this rabid squirrel again? Oh... the bush with the purple flowers is apparently it.

Things regarding to CAS... Oh, we have a nice amount of traits... but we can only pick three. Others come with an aspiration or must be earned or bought. And the game chooses your Sim's favorite drink and whether (insert your pronoun) loves, hates or has no reaction at all to fruitcake. Even if your sim is against meat, the hapless Sim will still eat it like an idiot and then is all uncomfortable because oh, these meatballs have meat in them!

Before adding or bringing stuff back... they need to fix the stuff they have added and brought back.

Message 2 of 2 (182 Views)