Re: My Sims 4 Pets is unable to run certain things such as Create A Sim

by Sashas0nic

Original Post

My Sims 4 Pets is unable to run certain things such as Create A Sim

★★ Novice

I have had the Sims 4 since it first came out. I do use custom content. I recently purchased and installed Sims 4 Pets. Is there a way to disable it in my game?

Message 1 of 3 (389 Views)

Champion

@Tammy10256, yes you can remove your CC and Mods from your game. Standard smile I don't use either with the Sims 4 (too many problems with it in TS3), but you can go into your TS4 game files and remove your Mods folder to your desktop (so you still have it if you want to put it back in!).  Also, there is in your game in the Game Options a box to check or uncheck to allow CC in your game; however, if you are having problems with your Mods or CC it is best to remove them and test you game by slowly adding them back into your game.  Are you having a problem with your game or are you just tired of your CC and now want a "vanilla" game? Wondering

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 3 (376 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @Tammy10256 

Agree with puglove and also to mention (cause I do use heaps of cc and mods).. that there is also a very large posting over at SimsVIP on broken and / or updated mods and cc, so it also may be worth checking if you do want it back in your game at some point. I'd be lost without mine Wink Cats & Dogs caused quite a few mods and cc to 'break' and has sent the makers of into a frenzy.. lol The Sims4Studio also has auto fix / tool for all beds and couches and other things, so it's handy tool even if you don't 'make it' yourself.

Was not entirely sure if you may have meant disabling the Cats and Dogs pack, so just in case I've added the info below. This method was also suggested at one point by EA for people with a lot of Packs (and perhaps cc) or not enough memory / space on their computer to do, to be able to run the game smoother / faster. Pretty sure Cats and Dogs is EP04

To disable a Sims 4 Pack of your choice, right click on The Sims 4 wrench under play, in your Game Library and select “Game Properties”. Select the “Advanced Launch Options” and write the following in the Command line arguments:

• Add -disablepacks:
  • Write down the pack code by the order of its release. If, for example, you want to disable Spa Day Game Pack, write GP02. If you want to disable City Living, add EP03 and so on..
  • If you want to play only with the Base Game, enter the following:
    • -disablepacks:EP01,EP02,EP03,GP01,GP02,GP03,GP04,GP05,SP01,SP02,SP03,SP04,SP05,SP06,SP07,SP08,SP09,SP10,SP11
  • You can disable multiple packs by seperating pack codes with a comma.

a TS4 disable packs.jpg

Note: You’ll be greeted with messages such as “Pack download in progress” (although it’s not downloading at all) and “Content missing” when you load up your old save game. You can continue and ignore the messages but do know that, for the safety of your old saved games, you should start up a new game instead of using your old saved games which contain disabled pack content.

Note #2: The packs won’t disappear from your “Your Collection” section in The Sims 4 Main Menu but they’ll still be disabled.

Hope this helps,

Sasha

Message 3 of 3 (346 Views)