My Sims 4 Game is in the Bin!

by MayaPhillips2003

Original Post

My Sims 4 Game is in the Bin!

★★★★ Novice

I recently found out that my actual Sims 4 game is in the bin in the Program Files folder. The folder goes like this:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\Game\Bin 

and then TS4 and TS4_x64 are both in there. I'm pretty sure they're not supposed to be in there, but I just don't know where to put them. Does anyone know the correct place they need to be in? Because this also stops me from being able to play Sims 4 all together.

Message 1 of 12 (6,314 Views)

Re: My Sims 4 Game is in the Bin!

Champion (Retired)

What makes you think they should not be in there?

The path is correct for a standard installation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (6,305 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I just find it odd that the game is in the Bin. It shouldn't be, right?

Message 3 of 12 (6,298 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Bin stands for binary. So why wouldn't they be there?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 12 (6,288 Views)

★★ Expert

OP, do you think it equals "recycle bin"? just in case, it doesn't. Standard smile

Message 5 of 12 (6,274 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Oh, my God, I'm so sorry for wasting your time! I'm British, so we just call it 'bin' so I forgot that if it was actually a recycle bin, it would probably be called 'trash' or something. I am very sorry! My Sims 4 just isn't working, and I immediately thought that was the problem.

Message 6 of 12 (6,262 Views)

Hero

Probably best if you made a new thread in the technical forum, describing what happens and giving your specs.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 12 (6,260 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

@MayaPhillips2003, i also call it a "bin", so i had to ask, in case you did. Wink

Message 8 of 12 (6,253 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@MayaPhillips2003 i was wondering if you learned how to fix this problem because i have the same problem and i tried to uninstall and reinstall and its not helping.
Message 9 of 12 (895 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

It is unlikely that you get an answer here, because the last reply was given five years ago by the users involved in this situation. You should actually open another topic explaining better your situation, because it is not clear what kind of matters the player had, in fact the path .../bin was correct, his the sims 4 was not installed in the trash folder, as gfjpkarlsen had explained, so his matters had to be another, as yours, I suppose. 

Message 10 of 12 (869 Views)