My Sim won't leave work

by AngDLD

Original Post

Accepted Solution

My Sim won't leave work

★★★ Novice

I can't get my sim to leave work even if he is present in the game and my other sim is there.  I have tried every "fix" I can find help!

Message 1 of 8 (3,348 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My Sim won't leave work

Champion

@AngDLD, I did a little more research and I'm not sure if any of these Bug Reports are the exact same as your problem, as there are a several that can act similar but might be caused by different things.  However, you can give them a look and see if any of these seem to fit your situation:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-stuck-at-work-Patch-1-63-133-1-25/m-p/9169565
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-Sim-can-t-go-home-from-active-career-lot-stuck...

I think with the 2nd Bug Report that post #6 seems like this might be what is happening to you.Raised eyebrow  Crinrict, the person who does most of the help on the Bug Reports as well as compiling them and organizing them) has suggested the poster of #6 to create a new Bug Report on their problem since it seems a bit different.  However, Nannyphanny has not made any new Bug Reports on this.Disappointed  So, if neither of these 2 Bug Reports that I gave links to seem to be your problem, you might want to fill out a new Bug Report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs  Wink

But, if either of the 2 Bug Reports that I gave links to do seem to fit your problem, then please help out by clicking the Me Too button on the first post and then adding your experience at the bottom of the thread! Angel

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (3,146 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AngDLD, are you playing on a console or on a PC or Mac?  If you are playing on a PC or Mac, do you happen to play with any Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering Outdated Mods or CC can cause problems with your game, so you will have to check to see if any of them are the culprit and if so, which ones in particular are causing trouble.  Then you will have to replace the outdated Mods or CC items with ones that are updated to work with the latest EA patch to the game (which was on June 10th). 

To do this, please do all of the following:

1) Move the Mods Folder to your desktop

2) Delete the localthumbcache.package file in the game folder. (This is very important)! Raised eyebrow

3) Fix you game in Origin by logging in and go to Library, then right-click on The Sims 4 and choose the "Repair Game" option from the list.  Wait until Origin finishes repairing all your packs and not just the base game. Unless you are on a Mac and then it will only repair the base game. 

4) Now, when you turn on your game again, it will create a new mods folder that will be empty.  Check to see if your game is now working without mods/CC.

5) Now you can try adding back items from your Mods folder one at a time checking your game each time to see which item is causing your game to not work properly.  If you have a lot of items, you can try the 50/50 Method. 

Once you find and replace any outdated Mods or CC with the new versions that are compatible with the most recent game update of June 10th, then you can add your Mods folder back into your game! Standard smile

If the above steps do not work or if you don't use any Mods/CC, then there is another problem, but we have to rule out a Mods/CC conflict first! Wink
Please update us on your situation! Angel

Message 2 of 8 (3,305 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’m on a Mac.  I can try the repair.  I did quit the job and that helped but one of the little job icons hangs out over my sims head at the bottom but he’s there.  It didn’t affect the other sim.  

Message 3 of 8 (3,288 Views)

Champion

@AngDLD, I found out that your problem with your Sim not leaving work is a known issue, so you aren't the only one to have it happen to! Disappointed  The good news is that you can fix it by either going into CAS and editing your Sim , or else by traveling to another lot! Standard smile  So give either of those a try and please update us on the results! Angel

Message 4 of 8 (3,249 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried moving to another lot and traveling to another lot but that little work icon is still there, not the briefcase icon but the other one on the right.  To edit sim just go and make a change like wardrobe or hair or something?

Message 5 of 8 (3,229 Views)

Champion

@AngDLD, yes, just use either a dresser or mirror.  You are more likely to find a mirror at work. Wink

Message 6 of 8 (3,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

I tried all of those things and there is still that little people icon in the top right so it's technically like he's left work but that little people icon stays there.  I guess that is as good as it will get.  At least he is present :-).  My female sim doesn't have the problem. 

Message 7 of 8 (3,177 Views)

Champion

@AngDLD, I did a little more research and I'm not sure if any of these Bug Reports are the exact same as your problem, as there are a several that can act similar but might be caused by different things.  However, you can give them a look and see if any of these seem to fit your situation:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sim-stuck-at-work-Patch-1-63-133-1-25/m-p/9169565
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-GTW-Sim-can-t-go-home-from-active-career-lot-stuck...

I think with the 2nd Bug Report that post #6 seems like this might be what is happening to you.Raised eyebrow  Crinrict, the person who does most of the help on the Bug Reports as well as compiling them and organizing them) has suggested the poster of #6 to create a new Bug Report on their problem since it seems a bit different.  However, Nannyphanny has not made any new Bug Reports on this.Disappointed  So, if neither of these 2 Bug Reports that I gave links to seem to be your problem, you might want to fill out a new Bug Report here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs  Wink

But, if either of the 2 Bug Reports that I gave links to do seem to fit your problem, then please help out by clicking the Me Too button on the first post and then adding your experience at the bottom of the thread! Angel

Best of luck and Happy Simming! Standard smile

Message 8 of 8 (3,147 Views)