My Likes/Dislikes Feedback

by canelacaliente

Original Post

My Likes/Dislikes Feedback

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I think it is cool the game is adding favorites for Sims. This will really expand their personalities but a few are missing.

• Favorite food
  • Favorite drink
  • Favorite clothing style

I don't know if these will be added but it is odd they are missing.  Especially favorite food and favorite drink.  I would rather have favorite food over favorite color.  The favorite color could have been just included in the new pack coming out. Favorite food adds more to the gameplay for base game players and players with other packs than a favorite color optin. 

Sims have a favorite drink but this is not controlled by the player. Also, there is the ability for a Sim to like/dislike fruitcake. This is also not controlled by the player. It would be nice to give the player control over this by adding categories for food and drink. I know some players like the surprise of a Sim liking/disliking fruitcake but having that as the only food a Sim can like/dislike is underwhelming.  

Adding a favorite clothing style would allow Sims to develop emotions based on what they are wearing. We were told sims would react to the clothing they wear but this was never really added to the game. A few clothing items give off emotions but adding different options for clothing styles would give Sims more personality. It would also nicely integrate with the Stylist career.  When you now style Sims, they would have a favorite style and get upset when they wear a style they dislike.

I also think it should have been integrated with Seasons. It would be better if Sims can choose their weather preferences in CAS instead of through the friendly menu. This system should be integrated with the new likes/dislikes system so Sims can take advantage of the new social options. In addition, it would work with the new career.

There are also a bunch of  hobbies missing from various packs:

• Jungle Adventure: archeology
  • Eco Lifestyle: Candle Making, Fabrication, Juice Fizzing
  • Seasons: Flower Arranging
  • Outdoor Retreat: Herbalism
  • Cats and Dogs:  Pet Training
  • Knifty Knitting:  Knitting

Another thing that sucks is that the default Sims don't have likes/dislikes when you start a brand new game.  This is very limiting on gameplay because the neighborhoods don't feel as lively.

Message 1 of 22 (1,201 Views)

Re: My Likes/Dislikes Feedback

Champion (Retired)

@canelacaliente 

You can not have favorite weather in basegame as it requires Seasons.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 22 (1,186 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I would want to choose favourite drink as well, it being random often go against the personality I have given the sim. The fruitcake I find funny and a good sim-joke. I really like this update.

Message 3 of 22 (1,179 Views)

Champion

@DonroaAkashu , yes I'm often upset when my Vampire Sims does not have Vampire drink (I think it is called a Bloody Jane) as their favorite ! 😣  And I can see Playful Sims liking Root Beer the best, but not Snob Sims, so those kind of choices the game makes automatically can aggravate me as well! 

As for fruitcake, while I would like to control it, if I'm honest I would probably make most Sims like it because it is so convenient to have on hand since it never goes bad! Large smile  Therefore, I don't mind so much that we can't choose this one!  It also gives a little element of surprise to find out if they like it or not! 😃  I think it is meant to be a kind of mystery just how some people love fruitcake in real life while others absolutely hate it! 🤣

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 22 (1,125 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@PugLove888  Hello! Yes, that's right, isn't it! You make your sim an aggressive human hater/gorilla lover with a tendency to the drink; and then their Favourite One is sparkling water - in the middle of the jungle. 

This update is very good, I made two testsims with diametrically different taste about Kid's Music and then I laughed at what ensued. I'm looking forward to the next sweep of the Likes and Dislike.

Message 5 of 22 (1,115 Views)

Champion

@DonroaAkashu , "an aggressive human hater/gorilla lover with a tendency to the drink" 🤣🤣🤣  
Yes, the conflicting musical tastes is one of the easiest ways to create drama/comedy now! Large smile

Message 6 of 22 (1,108 Views)

★★★ Guide
@canelacaliente I dislike greatly that favorite drink is random and have Me Too'd your post.

Otherwise, I love this patch. I am super thankful for these additions to my sims personality and also thank goodness for the new natural hair colors <3
Message 7 of 22 (1,086 Views)

Champion

@adduapina , yes I finally have my hair color in the game! 😅

Message 8 of 22 (1,069 Views)

★★★ Guide
@canelacaliente
Your sim actually has a favorite drink, but it's random. If you have MCCC, you can change it under the CAS settings.

As for clothing, you can tell what your sims like in CAS when you are styling them based on their reactions to the clothes, so they kind of have favorite styles, but you're right... it has little impact on the game play.

To be honest though, my sims are emotional enough these days with all the new features so I don't need their clothing choices making them sad too - because let's be honest, they won't be happy unless they are wearing fishnet stockings, a bright green mini shirt, a shirt that does NOT match, the vampire gloves, and a fascinator! Lol
Message 9 of 22 (1,054 Views)

★★★ Pro
@jpkarlsen What am I missing? I have Seasons installed.
Message 10 of 22 (1,029 Views)