Re: My Degree is Worth Diddly. HELP.

by Schwarzbart00

Original Post

★ Guide

I have finished Economics with a GPA: A+ Course Credits 12 of 12 but when joining the Education Career my Sim start at lvl 1 as Substitute Teacher.

Message 11 of 34 (803 Views)

★ Pro
@Schwarzbart00 try joining the Administrator branch
Message 12 of 34 (799 Views)

★ Guide

@kusurusuhow to do so? I only had Education as possible career to join but not the Administrator sub path. Same for Investor where I only can join the base business carer at level 1 but no separate way to join Investor direct.

Message 13 of 34 (787 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

@Schwarzbart00There are no two seperate entries for Education and Business each (one with additional green icon)? Could you please post a screenshot (you might have to change a few settings)?

Another thing: does your trait tab mention an economics degree?

Message 14 of 34 (770 Views)

★ Guide

Nothing in the trait tab about a economics degree. Only the Class Schedule mentions This Sim have Graduated. No more Terms to attend.

Message 15 of 34 (757 Views)

★ Pro
@Schwarzbart00 Then you need to go back to campus and collect your diploma (if that's still possible)
Message 16 of 34 (751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Deleting files and general cleanup, REPAIRING MULTIPLE TIMES seems to have fixed the issue I was experiencing where my sims wouldn't benefit from their degrees upon taking a job after graduation. Finally, one of my sims to start at level 7 as a professor. I haven't tested the issue with any other sims.

As for the research machine, the file cleaning, multiple repair process seems to have fixed this issue as well. The research machine is currently available in build/buy for purchase for the sim who unlocked it, as it should be. 

So relieved these things are working, now, at least for one sim. I'll test others later, but fingers crossed.

Now, people come to this same sims home and NEVER LEAVE... no way to ask them to leave. I'm losing my patience. They might all get hit with Strangeify, if they don't GET OUT. haha <insert a witchy wink here>

OMG, the bugs... >.< 

I'm still wondering why the initial clean/repair didn't work for me (before my original post) and why it took, in fact, MULTIPLE REPAIRS to correct those issues. /sigh Honesty, IDC, so long as it's working now.

If anyone is having issues with starting careers at a higher level, with a degree, after graduation (I feel for you), try doing what I did (clean files, repair, repair, repair.. ).  This might work for the unlockable availability issue as well. Good luck. 

AND thanks to everyone who attempted to assist me while I was raging with the original issues I was experiencing. 

Pardon any typos or grammatical errors, I'm in a hurry, and I can't be bothered to proof - read or edit. Happy translating!

Message 17 of 34 (732 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Schwarzbart00I've read somewhere (can't recall), you don't have to attend the graduation and, in fact, you get the option to attend or not just prior to the graduation rabbit hole ceremony. I wonder if you got that option and were able to choose or not.
At any rate, my best uneducated suggestion, for you, would be to do as I have done and clean out your files, then, repair, repair and maybe repair again cuz, hey, the third time should be a charm. Right? IDK, but good luck.

Message 18 of 34 (714 Views)

★ Guide

@crinrictI suspect I have the problem because I did open the map for traveling and right at the moment I got the school report what got forceful closed trough this. Probably thanks to this I never saw the question to join the graduation ceremony.

Message 19 of 34 (705 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@Schwarzbart00This opening of the map, or other similar actions, should've been and probably was taken into consideration. I hope you'll try what I've suggested and I hope it works for you.
Also, since I've experienced such frustrating issues with University gameplay, I've started saving my game (a totally new save) right before each class and right after or ANYTIME I've accomplished something I don't want to repeat. This has saved me from idk how many times my sim just wouldn't go to class and would've been late. Just thought I'd mention this to you, in the event you get straightened out with your current issue, with hope of saving you some grief in future.
I really hope cleaning your files and repairing works out well for you. Nothing like trying to enjoy a game that isn't functioning as expected. Frustrating. 

Message 20 of 34 (696 Views)