Multi-tasking - Eat, Drink and sit down

by kiwicrone

Original Post

Multi-tasking - Eat, Drink and sit down

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

They used to be able to grab a drink and something to eat, go and sit at the table and chat while consuming all without having to be individually commanded for each task. It was very realistic with this  behaviour at the beginning/early days, now it is a long drawn out chore, as a player, to even move them away from the Coffee Machines or the fridge so that other sims can get food and drink. I remember when kids could pick up a juice and cereal from the fridge menu and sit at the table together and be finished in an hour in time for school. They now even walk out of the kitchen after standing in front of the fridge to eat and put the used plate somewhere else in the house even upstairs, seldom wash or place on bench or dishwasher.

Message 1 of 5 (347 Views)

Re: Multi-tasking - Eat, Drink and sit down

Hero
@kiwicrone I'm moving this to general discussion as you posted in a very old thread from 2015.

Your post sounds a bit like feedback but if you want to create a bug report for it, please go ahead and create a new thread in the bug forum.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (329 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@kiwicrone What tasks are you trying to combine? I do it all the time and it works fine.

Maybe you should try deleting your cache, repairing your game, or try removing mods.
Message 3 of 5 (315 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@Psychotps I have completely uninstalled Origin and all of Sims 4 from my computer then reinstalled. I do not use mods or MOO. I did not save anything from previous games before reinstall.I regularly use Repair and Clean my Folders. I am using a Maxis apartment set up and not changed its postioning of furniture. I have played Sims(1-4) for many years . This was one of the lovely things in Sims 4 when it first came out that they could all help themselves from a plate of food and sit together to eat.This is now not happening and has been like this for some time, Also a sim would be okay getting a food item from the fridge and a drink from fridge/coffee pot and taking both to a seat and sit down! Ihave Debugged the Fridge the Coffee Pot and the Bloody Sims. I still get stuck with waiting for Coffee to brew in the chain of commands if I add any command after without waiting for the Sim to get a drink and have to go to a wardrobe change to remove it from the list The list of actions chain is generally chaotic and random for achieving without crazy Sim actions
Message 4 of 5 (289 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@kiwicrone   If it's as you said, then I don't know what to tell you. You must have a bad save. As I said, i do it all the time. In fact, combining commands and tasks is the best way to get multiple skills increasing at the same time or one twice as fast. I regularly combine two or three tasks and get several skills boosting at the same time.

If yours isn't allowing it then there's something wrong with your save.

Message 5 of 5 (273 Views)