Re: Moving only one sim in a family

by crinrict

Original Post

Moving only one sim in a family

★★ Novice

In my family the two eldest children are now young adults and they'll soon need to live alone. My family is 6 people so obviously I couldn't move the whole family with the young adult. Is there any way to choose just one person to move to another place? 

Message 1 of 10 (2,972 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @martina2354,

You probably posted here for a reason, but as you are talking about young adults... just to make sure, are we talking about The Sims FreePlay?

Different The Sims games, different games to choose from! :D

-Mai

Message 2 of 10 (2,948 Views)

★★ Novice
It’s the sims 4
Message 3 of 10 (2,938 Views)

EA app Team

Hi @martina2354,

Moved to The Sims 4 board then Standard smile

You could split your household in two different households - one with one Sim alone, and the other with the rest of the family. Then, you can place the Sim you want to move out in another lot.

There's a great guide on how to manage households here: https://www.thesims.com/news/splitting-and-merging

Let us know if that helps, or you have any questions! Standard smile

-Mai

Message 4 of 10 (2,927 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi...I've done this and now the parents disappear from the family tree unless that sim has a sibling that still stays with the parent. Is there a fix for this? Is there anyone else having this issue??

Message 5 of 10 (2,835 Views)

EA app Team
Hi @RosieSongbird,

Welcome to the forums!

I would like to make sure I understand the situation correctly: you had a Sim and their two parents living in a house, with no other Sims, right? Then you splitted the family using Manage households and placed the Sim in a new house. When you loaded the house to play with them, their parents didn't appear in their family tree. Is this correct?

Could you tell us the age of each of the three Sims? Also, did you create the three Sims using CAS or the child was born in-game?

Thank you!
-Mai
Message 6 of 10 (2,822 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Originally there were 3 sims...created in CAS. The parents (young adults) and a teen. The parents had 2 more children...in game. When I moved out the oldest child they were a young adult. The eldest child lost the parents in the family tree. The siblings were still there so that’s the only way I’m able to see a connection to them (to parents). It’s happened with all sims I’ve moved out using the manage household tool.
Message 7 of 10 (2,810 Views)

★ Novice
You go to manage household and click on the household you want to split up and go to transfer sims between households click the household you want the others to live in and then click the sims you want to move into then press the button pointing to the other household
Message 8 of 10 (2,755 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello I'm playing the sims 4 I have a family that have 8 per house. I'm trying to move out the young adults. I've tried to use the manage households tool but it's not allowing me to move them. 

Message 9 of 10 (2,674 Views)

Hero

HI @AAV5-M2B9-HLL5-R

are you getting any error message or what symptoms are you seeing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (2,665 Views)