Re: Moving Sims to Another PC

by puzzlezaddict

Original Post

Moving Sims to Another PC

★★ Novice

hello! does anyone know if I have to purchase the sims again on another computer or can I move the game from the PC I am currently playing on to another? I have a bunch of packs and I don’t want to have to pay for them again. thank you!

Message 1 of 3 (227 Views)

★ Guide

@caterpillar145 Hi there, The game can be installed on any computer through Origin, and can be played in any computer as long as they aren't using the same Origin account at once (this may apply to computer online only). The only thing that won't transfer is the save file, you may need to search it manually and copy it to the new computer.

Message 2 of 3 (208 Views)

@caterpillar145  You don't have to buy Sims 4 or any content a second time.  Your account owns the game, not your computer, and you have the right to install it on as many devices as you want.  (I've installed it in half a dozen different environments for various reasons.)  You can only play on one computer at a time, because you can only be signed into your Origin account on one device at a time.  But you can have the game installed on as many computers as you like.

You can also transfer your saves to your new computer: they're in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\saves.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 3 of 3 (172 Views)