Moving Sims and home to different worlds?

by abc1526341047

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Moving Sims and home to different worlds?

★★★ Novice

Is there anyway I can save a lot and the sim together so I can move house and the Sim to different parts of the world.

Message 1 of 11 (10,260 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Moving Sims and home to different worlds?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@abc1526341047 Hello!  Unfortunately, sims (households) and lots are saved separately.  Probably the easiest thing for you to do is save the lot to your library (either in build mode or the build option from "manage worlds"), then from "manage worlds", place it in the world where you want the sim (household) to move. Then go back to live mode and have your sim move there.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (10,250 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@abc1526341047 Hello!  Unfortunately, sims (households) and lots are saved separately.  Probably the easiest thing for you to do is save the lot to your library (either in build mode or the build option from "manage worlds"), then from "manage worlds", place it in the world where you want the sim (household) to move. Then go back to live mode and have your sim move there.

Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 11 (10,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@abc1526341047 

Yes and no.

@JonaO703is right that you can't move them together, however, if you take the lot into build mode and save it to your library, it will contain EVERYTHING currently on the lot. Even down to food in the fridge and your sim's custom paintings on the walls.

Just save the lot to the library, go to the new town, place the lot, then just go back have your sim move like normal.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 3 of 11 (10,236 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps I've noticed in my game that food in the fridge is not saved when I save a lot.  However, if there is food in the fridge when my sims move, the food and household inventory moves with them.  Any food on counters or tables gets left behind and those also get saved when I save the lot to my library.  Too many times I've found a nice birthday cake on the counter when I placed a favorite lot. lol

Happy Simming!

Message 4 of 11 (10,200 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JonaO703 Hi. When I place my house from library and move in I lose about 17k of my money (selling old furniture, keeping in new location). Is there a way to move house without losing lots of money?
Message 5 of 11 (10,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TheBl4ckSh33p Hi!  Unfortunately, when existing furniture is sold, items are depreciated by 20%.  For example, if I buy a new Crisponix Budget fridge, the cost is $375 but if I sell the existing one I only get $300 for it.  That depreciation will be true for every item on the lot (including the landscaping plants).  Also, the cost of the new lot may be a factor.  The value of my sim's current house and lot is $14,982 but when placed on a different (also larger) lot the value is $17,317.  The only way I know to avoid losing some of those simoleons would be to have your sim keep furniture when moving and buy the lot unfurnished.  Although, then you will have to place all of the furniture on the new lot.  At $17K, I'm guessing you have a fair amount of stuff on your lot, so placing it all again might be annoying.  :-/

Edit: You could use the money cheat to recover the loss. If you're playing on console though, enabling cheats may disable achievements and trophies.  

2nd edit:  Actually, if you don't mind using cheats, I completely forgot about the free real estate cheat.  If you enter that at the manage worlds view, while your sims are moving, you will keep all your simoleons.  

Happy Simming!

Message 6 of 11 (10,113 Views)

Champion

@TheBl4ckSh33p , in the Free Real-estate cheat that @JonaO703 mentioned is entered by bring up the Cheat Box (on a PC press Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time) .
Then in the cheat box type freerealestate on and then press the Enter button! 
This cheat will not work during a move, so make sure you enter the cheat and then start to move your Sim/household! Wink

Happy Simming! Party hat

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 11 (10,087 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks. But I want to unlock achievements and don't want to use cheats. 

Message 8 of 11 (10,075 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@JonaO703 Thanks. I think I will keep old furniture then and place it again. Some redecoration cant hurt. 😉
Message 9 of 11 (10,071 Views)

Champion

@TheBl4ckSh33p  Sure thing!  Perhaps it will be fun to shake things up a bit and maybe you'll find a better layout for your stuff. :-)  Although I find that when I get ideas about changing stuff, my houses tend to practically double in size.  lol  So be careful! ;-)

Happy Simming!

Message 10 of 11 (10,052 Views)