Original Post

Accepted Solution

Movie Theater Woes

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Realm of Magic, Parenthood, Vampires , Dine Out, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch TV or Movie on a level other than floor level, in a room with multiple open levels.
What happens when the bug occurs? No one can sit, when watching TV. If the TV is on and they are told to sit, they will not sit until the TV is off.
What do you expect to see? People being able to sit and watch TV.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have built a Movie Theater and created Tiered seating. 
12-28-19_10-55-21 AM.png

My problem is that when I have Sims in the Theater and ask them to watch a Movie, either a single Sim, or together as a group, they cannot do so, while seated. They will all get up and move to the ground floor to watch the TV. If I ask them to sit, they will not sit until the TV is turned off. 

The only way they will watch, is if a seat or seats are placed on the ground floor, and not on the risers. 

Is there a workaround or fix for this or was the theater just time wasted? 

Message 1 of 10 (2,574 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Movie Theater Woes

Hero
@taoron24121 Unfortunately I haven't been able to get extra info but since you solved the issue for now, I'm moving this to game info.

I'll let you know when I get further info and/or move back should it turn out to be a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 10 (2,418 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@taoron24121 Don't think this is a bug tbh, don't think it was intended to work as like a movie theater at all. It's a TV, not a movie screen.

Awesome job on the build though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (2,562 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Even though the screen I am using is called "Indoor Movie Screen" from the Movie Hangout Pack? 

Message 3 of 10 (2,559 Views)

Hero
@taoron24121 Yeah, cause it's an oversized TV but I'll check if I can get some info on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (2,537 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Thanks. I weep. I look forward to seeing it you can find anything else on this. I did some searching and found some things, but nothing pertaining to tiered seating, in general.

Seems sort of counterproductive to have a Pack all about Movies, with 2 different movie screens that cannot be used in a movie screen type of situation.

@crinrict I may have found, at least a basic fix (although some Mods out there might also work out even better. I'm not sure) by using the Outdoor Movie Screen. The controlling Sim stands up to turn the screen on and choose the Movie, but then they will all sit, anywhere in the theater and watch the movie.

It looks goofy in the theter, but it works.

[CM - merged multiple posts together]

Message 5 of 10 (2,521 Views)

Hero
@taoron24121 Unfortunately I haven't been able to get extra info but since you solved the issue for now, I'm moving this to game info.

I'll let you know when I get further info and/or move back should it turn out to be a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 10 (2,419 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thanks for the update! It's all good. The outdoor screen worked fine and the Theater even earned me a Maxis Fav, so I'd say it's fixed. =) I appreciate your help and dilligence.
Message 7 of 10 (2,411 Views)

Hero
@taoron24121 Congrats for the Fav.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (2,408 Views)

★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you ♥
Message 9 of 10 (2,405 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm a little late with this reply and I saw that you found a fix but I was just wondering this: is it possible that the tiered seating are all in different "rooms"? When you click on them in buy/build mode, does the game select the entire theatre or just the area where the seats are on the same level as each other?
I'm asking because it would make sense to me that sims can't see the tv if they're in (what the game thinks) is a different room than the actual tv. Which could explain why they all move to the level where the tv is at. Maybe the outdoor screen works differently, I would assume an outdoor screen isn't limited to a "room" as you often have different area's outside (garden, patio and whatever you have outside).

I'm glad you found a fix though! I'm just asking because I'm intrigued and in case something like this happens in the future.
Oh and your build looks awesome! Nice job! Large smile

Message 10 of 10 (2,364 Views)