Re: Move in request: Pending or rejected?

by CharlieDaisy12

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Move in request: Pending or rejected?

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Hello

I've recently asked a sim to move into my household. Will I get any notification if the request was not accepted by the other player?

Thanks 🙂

(CM: Edited to correcting formatting)

Message 1 of 4 (808 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@sc3dqp9ugkbi wrote:

Hi charliedaisy12 thanks for the response. That's interesting I never thought that a retired sim can still be asked to move in and become active in your game 🙂 regarding my move in request, i filled up my empty slot after about 5 days of waiting 🙄 anyway, thank you so much for sharing your experience. 😊👋

Hey, @sc3dqp9ugkbi, glad I could be of some help. Just to clarify, the sim I asked to move in was active when I made the request, when it was honoured, she arrived retired. Just so you’re not surprised if that happens in the future. Like I said, she was restored when I promoted her. Also, 2 of my sims have been asked for, 1 I gave away, (retired first). We were friends, so I saw him at a party later on and it was quite cool, he was dressed very differently. The other I rejected, and just like a party or friend invitation, you can formally ignore the request or just leave it sitting there, so it occurs to me that no, you don’t necessarily get a notification. Sometimes you just have to wait.😕😊👋

View in thread

Message 4 of 4 (673 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
Hi, @sc3dqp9ugkbi. I’ve done it twice, once when the player did accept my request, and she came to me in retired mode. When I promoted her to be my sim she then reverted back to regular status. She was married to one of my guy sims so it was great.
The other time, the sim belonged to someone else, I was immediately informed of that, and did I still want to request. I knew there was slim chance, but I requested just to be sure, and heard nothing for three days. I then filled my sim slot and gave up so I never did receive any formal notification of a refusal. My first sim came to me the next day, if that helps.
Message 2 of 4 (685 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi charliedaisy12 thanks for the response. That's interesting I never thought that a retired sim can still be asked to move in and become active in your game 🙂 regarding my move in request, i filled up my empty slot after about 5 days of waiting 🙄 anyway, thank you so much for sharing your experience. 😊👋

Message 3 of 4 (681 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

@sc3dqp9ugkbi wrote:

Hey, @sc3dqp9ugkbi, glad I could be of some help. Just to clarify, the sim I asked to move in was active when I made the request, when it was honoured, she arrived retired. Just so you’re not surprised if that happens in the future. Like I said, she was restored when I promoted her. Also, 2 of my sims have been asked for, 1 I gave away, (retired first). We were friends, so I saw him at a party later on and it was quite cool, he was dressed very differently. The other I rejected, and just like a party or friend invitation, you can formally ignore the request or just leave it sitting there, so it occurs to me that no, you don’t necessarily get a notification. Sometimes you just have to wait.😕😊👋

Message 4 of 4 (674 Views)