Re: Mouse cursor is GIANT after new update

by GracieWolf14

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mouse cursor is GIANT after new update

★★ Novice

I am not sure if this is a bug or an easy fix that I just can't figure out. I couldn't find any info on this so if anyone else is having these issues and may know how to fix it, I'd greatly appreciate some feedback!

After the newest update for The Sims 4 on PC, I opened my game up and the game screen was HUGE, to where I could barley see anything. I went into my game options and changed the new UI scale back to normal, and it fixed that issue, but now my mouse cursor has remained just as gigantic as it was before I fixed the screen size, which makes it difficult for me to click on things in my game because I cannot see where I am clicking half the time. I've tried closing my game out and reopening, thinking maybe I needed to reset my game after changing the UI, but it is still just as big. I'd appreciate any help, thanks!

Message 1 of 3 (1,475 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

@GracieWolf14 

It looks like what you really wanted to do was to increase the game resolution instead. Though the UI scaling can be used to reduce the size of the UI it does not have an influence on the cursor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (1,452 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@GracieWolf14 

It looks like what you really wanted to do was to increase the game resolution instead. Though the UI scaling can be used to reduce the size of the UI it does not have an influence on the cursor.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (1,453 Views)

★★ Novice
@jpkarlsen Thank you so much! I didn't think about checking the resolution. It seems like the update had reset all of my options because it also tried to reset tutorial mode in my game but I've got it all fixed now, thanks again!
Message 3 of 3 (1,442 Views)