Re: Most Wanted Features

by ValFreya13

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@ImKershaIt's too bad that this has not become a topic post rather than people just creating their own... especially since it seems that they often create the same topic over and over (we get it, you want horses and unicorns!! lol)

I would like more work to be done on bug fixes and am glad that they are doing the laundry list. There is a lot that needs to be done to make the game better. I would be happy if they stop releasing new content for a while and just focused on fixing the game.

Message 11 of 22 (724 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Good initiative.

I also agree that this thread could act the same way as I see the threads for current issues in Technical section; where posts relevant are merged to the same master thread. That would keep all suggestions in the same place, and hopefully there would be more of a discussion, instead of the threads going to die, and not being allowed to resurface due to the rule about 'necroposting'. One way is to pin it, as I see other players threads being pinned at the top of the section page.

I would also want bug fixes being the priority. 

I want the bug forum management to be analyzed and developed.

I want more information about the game, its features, the forums, the bug process to be disclosed, from official source.

As for the features mentioned in the original post:
Representation of disability I would like. Small features are possible to add, and I know there was an option in one of the surveys about features in CAS, relevant to this.
Body hair I would love, for all genders; lots of it.

Message 12 of 22 (699 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ValFreya13 I think vegetarian should be one of those traits you buy with aspiration points. I know nothing about coding but I feel it would be one of the easier things to do--converting a trait over to becoming an aspiration trait or whatever it's called?
Message 13 of 22 (643 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@ImKersha I really want a nonbinary option! I'm personally nonbinary and I'm slowly coming to terms with it, and I really want to make a character I have, but they are nonbinary and are very adamant that they aren't a girl or a boy, so I feel like if I made them right now I would be misgendering them and I don't wanna do them dirty like that.
Message 14 of 22 (637 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I also remembered that I would like for sims who join the journalist career path to be able to interview celebrities for columns! I was reminded because someone posted about celebrity retail customers lol. I mean, interviewing nobody sims is just weird, right?? But you can't interview celebrities! Celebrities can of course refuse to be interviewed, but you should be able to ask!

Also, I wonder how not being able to talk to celebrities is going to effect the new interior design career? Can't get to know your client if you can't talk to them... Thinking

Message 15 of 22 (612 Views)

★★★ Guide
@ImKersha Fingers crossed here for some story progression 🤞
I love the newer additions of sims calling to ask should they try for a baby and the get married in 7 days additions!
Message 16 of 22 (582 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I mean it’s probably never gonna happen but I’d like if all the packs interacted a bit more with each other, I can’t think of any examples right now, but they all feel a bit separate, I just wished they fit together a bit more.

Message 17 of 22 (517 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I made this post in March 2021, but I didn't even think that any of the shared requests would come to life. It's truly amazing to see how many features that were initially in this post are now in game! If you want to take a look at what has been added, you can check the end of the post. For now, I'll just say that The Sims 4 has been growing well, and I still hope that whims will get the well-deserved refresh in the upcoming patches Standard smile

Message 18 of 22 (421 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ImKersha YES to ALL that! Hoping it gets picked up and comes to console.
Message 19 of 22 (382 Views)

Re: Most Wanted Features (Thread Ages like Wine)

★★★★ Guide

Greetings, Simmers! It's been 2 years since this post was published, and I'm shocked to say that nearly all the features I had mentioned here were successfully added to the game. It's funny because I genuinely thought it would take many more years to get all those things, but here we are. If you're curious to read know much stuff has been added since March 2021 up until now, here is the list of features in the chronological order:

Better traits - March 2021

Preferences aka Likes and Dislikes - May 2021

• Pond tool - July 2021
Neighborhood Stories aka Story Progression - March 2022
• Pronouns - May 2022

•  Wants and Fears - July 2022

• Body hair - July 2022

• Open schools - July 2022
• Better babies - March 2023

I've had to edit this post multiple times throughout the 2 years in order to cross out the released features. I'm pleasantly surprised. Thank you, The Sims team! Standard smile

Note: the post mentions the features that I said I wanted to see added to the game, naturally, there were more things introduced (e.g. scenarios, sexual orientations etc).

TS4_BG_INFANT_RVL_LIFTS_02_001.jpeg

Message 20 of 22 (249 Views)