More lots

by MJBRG

Original Post

More lots

★★★ Newbie

Please could sims create a special package where you can get more lots because i love to build and make households. But the problem is we don't have enough lots. I think a lot of people in the sims community would pay 40-50 dollars just to get some more lots.

Sincerely MJBRG

Message 1 of 33 (1,026 Views)

Re: More lots

@MJBRG  I've moved your post to the general discussion and feedback section.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 2 of 33 (993 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MJBRG I absolutely agree with your suggestion for more lots! :eahigh_file:I would love if another town like Newcrest would be added (with several larger lots also) to the basegame. As a builder I would feel much more free to make large lots (anything larger than 30x20 lots) if I knew others would have more places to place these builds without having to upend their towns (evict others, replace builds, etc.). I would possibly pay the price you stated, but only because I'm a builder. I think that price may be a hard sell to most players, but they could maybe get $10-$20 for that type of pack. It would be much preferred, though, that it be a free update to the base game as then everyone would be effected. There would be many, many happy players for this upgrade/patch because many players get upset with each new pack that they don't get enough new buildable lots - especially empty ones. 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 33 (982 Views)

Champion

@MJBRG, even though I don't build anywhere near as much as @SheriGR does, and I'm sure not nearly as much as you do, I would also like more lots in the game!  In fact, most people want more lots (there might be a few who don't care one way or the other) but I don't think many people would mind If they made a pack or a free update with another town like they did with New Crest. 

I don't need extra lots because I don't build much and I rarely play rotationally.  I play with most of my households all having their own Save Games.  (I like the control over my Sims that rotational play doesn't' give me Embarrassed )  But most people do play rotationally, and they desperately need more lots for their game. Disappointed  And then there are the builders like yourselves! (Thank you all builders!  My game is a more beautiful place because of you! Heart)  

I don't know if EA plans on adding more lots or a new world like this in the future.Wondering  I hope they do!Fingers crossed

In the mean time I would try a new save game if you run out of lots in the save you are playing in.  But I don't think you should be forced to play this way permanently if it isn't your preferred playing style! Frown The Sims has always been about flexibility and having something for everyone! Party hat  I think more lots will help to make that stay true! :eahigh_file:

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 33 (963 Views)

★ Guide

Even though I love building, I won't pay $40-$50 solely for a world. I think the price @SheriGR stated is more reasonable. But I still hope they fix the existing world before creating that world pack. Del Sol Valley is the worst world (11 lots), Sulani may be beautiful but also lack of lots (14). I hope they set a minimum number of lots for an expansion pack's world (18-20 lots minimum).

Message 5 of 33 (956 Views)

Champion

@AndyZhang2896, I agree with your amount of lots! Heart While 11 sounds like a good number at first, it gets eaten up quickly since there has to be community lots, home lots for Maxis-made Sims, lots with just houses for you to move your sims into, and completely empty lots.  If there were 3 lots of each of these types, that would mean at least 12 lots ! (One more than Del Sol Valley has).  And I realize that in GPs like Vampires and Realm of Magic have to be smaller, but in EPs I think they should be larger … much like the 18-10 lots you suggested! :eahigh_file:

Message 6 of 33 (950 Views)

★ Guide
@PugLove888 I started playing Sims 4 around March or May when it's free. I'm sure at launch, Newcrest wasn't on the base game, but later added. So adding a new world is something they ever did and there's possible they do that again in the future.
But what about fixing the existing worlds? Is that ever happen in the past?
Message 7 of 33 (922 Views)

Champion

@AndyZhang2896, you are 100% correct. :eahigh_file:.. Newcrest was added on to the game at a later point in a patch! Heart The original two neighborhoods were only Willow Creek and Oasis Springs.  I wonder if they don't realize how many people play rotationally? But considering all of the wonderful houses and Sims you can get on the Gallery , we do need a place to put them all.  Wink 

I certainly think it is possible we could get a new town -- maybe next year? But I don't know how probable that would be.  Thinking  

As for fixing existing worlds, which worlds need fixing, and  in what ways to you think they need to be fixed? Wondering

Message 8 of 33 (904 Views)

★ Guide

@PugLove888 Del Sol Valley sure needs to be fixed.

• We can see there are houses near the ocean on the top left of Del Sol Valley map, they can add new beach neighborhood like this. 4 lots maybe.
  • Adding 1 more lot to Mirage Park. The houses here look very bad by the way, but nevermind. I think the majority of sims player download houses from Gallery anyway.
  • A bigger National Park. What we have now is only 20x20 and this is CRAZY! We have base game Desert Bloom & Magnolia Blossom which are 50x50, Myshuno Mirage 64x64, Pupperstone Park 40x30 (not big but still a lot bigger than Del Sol Valley's Ward Park).
  • Add apartment neighborhood, it's okay if it's not as big as San Myshuno. Something like the Arts Quarter is good. But even if TS4 Team decide to fix Del Sol Valley, I don't think there's a chance they add apartment, because the main feature and selling point of City Living packs is apartment and it shouldn't exist outside of City Living pack.
  • So if adding apartment neighborhood is kinda impossible, then add 2 lots to Starlight Boulevard, 1 lot to The Pinnacles. So total lots in Del Sol Valley will be at least 19! (minimum requirement achieved! LOL).

I didn't own Island Living yet, so I can't give a detailed explanation of what to fix. Just hope they added more lots. One thing for sure is, Hotel/Resort lot assignment! Also able to own and operate the Hotel/Resort.

As we own more packs and have more lot assignment, a bigger world is necessary.

Message 9 of 33 (894 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@AndyZhang2896 I love your ideas... but I am not sure if it is feasible for them to alter an existing world after release. I would assume that they could not alter the current editable lots on a game because I assume this would mess up the work anyone had already done in those lots in their game. I do wonder if it would be possible for them to create additional editable lots in those worlds, though, since there are additional areas with 'content/buildings/roads' beyond the editable ones in live play. I am very curious about this, but I am not sure if it is possible. 

Even if the above is possible, expect that option is far more complicated for them than giving us a new world with many editable lots like Newcrest, so I assume that is a more feasible ask. But who knows? Anyway, your ideas are great! :eahigh_file:

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 10 of 33 (877 Views)