Re: More genetic variation..all sims look the same

by Hoverael

Original Post

More genetic variation..all sims look the same

★★ Novice

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help me with this or give me some advice. I am on my tenth generation of a family that I had originally started with. Every offspring has had the hair color that comes from the sim that has come from the original generation. There is no genetic variation and I am barely getting any features from the spouse that I move in from the gallery. Does anyone know why this is or how I can get more genetic variation in my game?

Thank you!

Message 1 of 9 (1,469 Views)

★ Guide

What you could do is save the household and then manage the world, there are settings in there, you can check your households and others there, you can select one of those households and then head into CAS for the household, you can make approximations between the child of the parents and give them 50% of their mothers and fathers appearance as the game itself picks one of the family members and replicates the exact look on the child.

So if two parents were raven black and blonde hair colours; one had brown eyes and the other had green eyes; one also had a deep tan and the other was pale while: you can approximate auburn hair and brown-green eyes with a fair skin colour from household CAS when making changes. You can adjust a few other features, but you should wait until the child becomes a teenager to make any signifcant changes to the face and body shape as toddler and child options are limited. If you do it right, each generation can look different rather than trying to make minor changes from the dresser. I hope that helps.

Message 2 of 9 (1,441 Views)

★ Apprentice

Hi, I was wondering if you've had any luck since your post? My Sim couple had five children together, and three of the boys (born with lengthy time in between) are nearly identical. In fact, two of them I don't think I can tell apart. One has brown hair, which helps differentiate him from the blonds, but he also has a slightly different chin. Otherwise, I'm a little frustrated with the lack of variance. I aged them up in CAS and gave them all the same haircut to see if they'd still physically look different, and they don't. The mole/freckles were passed down from their parents via a mod. 

Message 3 of 9 (1,362 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi! I actually just recently started playing again and my sims recently had their first child. The child came out having all of the features of the father and none of the mother (not even mixed). So unfortunately, I haven't had a solution. If my sims have a second child, then that child ends up looking like the other parent (so in this case it would be the mom). I don't understand how other players have these children that are mixed between parents. Do you have any other ideas?

Message 4 of 9 (1,351 Views)

★ Apprentice
@francurti Nope, I'm sorry. I'm in the same boat as you are. The offspring in my games generally have one parent's coloring (no mixed hair or eyes.) They also tend to favor one parent specifically, too. I have MCCC installed, but I'm not sure if that's the cause.
Message 5 of 9 (1,324 Views)

★★ Novice

I have MCCC installed too. Is it known to cause that? I wonder if that could be it. 

Message 6 of 9 (1,321 Views)

★ Apprentice
@francurti I don't know if it's known to cause that, but it's something to note since we both seem to have it. I'll poke around the internet and see if I can't find some answers. In the meantime, good luck!
Message 7 of 9 (1,297 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks! I'll look too. Lmk if you find anything Standard smile 

Message 8 of 9 (1,294 Views)

★ Apprentice
@francurti No worries. I will. You too! 😊
Message 9 of 9 (1,263 Views)