More Things Should Be Set in CAS Instead of Set in Live Mode or Being Randomised

by SqueamishNerd

Original Post

Highlighted

More Things Should Be Set in CAS Instead of Set in Live Mode or Being Randomised

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

In The Sims 4 there are a bunch of things that we can set for each sim in live mode, and some things that are randomised. I think that it would be very helpful to be able to set these things in CAS (instead or also). Especially, but not exclusively, when just creating sims to put in the world, not to play with, or when creating sims to put on the gallery. That way our sims would be finished from the get go!

These are the things I'm talking about:
- Phone case and phone background
- School/job uniform
- Costume*
- Eating utensils
- Umbrella** (Seasons)
- Biking helmet (Discover University)
- Indoor slippers (Snowy Escape, should be base game though)
- Climbing gear (Snowy Escape)
- Snow sports gear (Snowy Escape)

Right now it's kind of arbitrary how to set all the different things. Phone case and background are set by clicking on the phone. Job uniform is set with the sims.modify_career_outfit_in_cas cheat, and school uniforms can't be set at all (there are only school uniforms in Komorebi, and it's randomised every time the sim goes to school, which is a problem on it's own), being able to set them in CAS (as an opt-in) would make it possible to have school uniforms in all worlds. Eating utensils are set by clicking on the sim or on a fridge. Umbrella is set by buying an umbrella stand in buy mode and then clicking on it. I bet most people don't even know that umbrellas can be set. Biking helmets are randomised every time a sim bikes. Indoor slippers are randomised every time a sim change into indoor slippers, there are also only the ones that came with the Snowy Escape patch, so sims can't have any other slippers as automatic indoor slippers. Climbing gear and snow sports gear only come in one variant in live mode, while there are several variants in CAS, but even if your sim wears, for example, the climbing shoes from CAS, those shoes don't count as climbing gear, and if the sim puts on climbing gear their shoes will change into the one variant.

And, no, if these were in CAS you wouldn't HAVE to set them. Right now every sim has a black umbrella, eats with a fork, and have the standard phone case and background. That doesn't need to change just because we get the option to set these things in CAS. The only ones I see that could need to be opt-in are school uniform and costumes. All the others already have standard settings (or are randomised but should probably have a standard setting if they're brought into CAS).

*This refers to costumes that can be used for spooky parties and GeekCon
**Including an option to set that the sim doesn't use umbrellas

Message 1 of 1 (251 Views)