Re: More Promotional Sims Should be in the Game or in the Gallery

by Korgly

Original Post

★★★★ Pro
@Korgly That sounds like a bug. The save files are supposed to start with a bunch of families. There's like 150 sims if you have all packs. Are the sims not there at all or are they just not placed in the world? You can look for them in the household manager under "Unplayed Households". Do it in a new/unplayed save file to make sure that the sims you see there aren't autogenerated townies.
Message 71 of 75 (792 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@SqueamishNerd @ sorry for the late reply, there are some in my library that are not placed along with a vampire family in forgotten hollow and the rest are not in this world sims. I am on console which could be part of it.. It hasn't really effected my gameplay at all as I utilized gallery sims and my own creations to fill the worlds up but, wouldn't mind adding the brunette from the get famous trailer and a few others. thanks for the tip.. thats a good idea I can just move the ones I want from a new save to threw the gallery

Message 72 of 75 (781 Views)

★★★★ Pro

This is an interesting render I found. It's a anniversary render, seems to be from 2018.

The toddler in this render can be found in the gallery, her name is Beatrice McDowell and she's in the household called Toddler Goals, a household with only toddlers. Her presumed mum, i.e. the woman who has an arm around Beatrice on this render, is nowhere to be found, neither in the game nor in the gallery. She seems to be from City Living, basing it on her clothes and hair, but I can't see her in any of the City Living trailers. So, this is someone I think they should add to the gallery.

The_sims_4_Anniversary2.png

Message 73 of 75 (725 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Here are some sims I feel like they're missing from Snowy Escape, Hina, Niko and their friends. Hina, Niko and their yet unnamed friends are shown in both trailers for Snowy Escape. Hina is the narrator of the second trailer and she also took over The Sims' Instagram account for some days prior to the release of Snowy Escape.

Here's Hina taking over The Sims' Instagram account:

HinaK1.png
The text reads "Sul Sul! My name is Hina and I'm doing a Simsta takeover on this channel! [...] Swipe to see me and the fam in front of the mountain temple [...]"

The second picture, showing "the fam":

HinaK2.png

In the second trailer Hina tells us about the love of her life, which is the girl in the red shirt in the back of the picture above.

And here's another Instagram post, where we get to know that Hina's love of her life is called Niko:

HinaK3.png

The text reads: "[...] Today, Niko waited among the toddlers to get a chance to dance with Yamachan [...]"

So, we know that Hina is called Hina, that she has a girlfriend called Niko, and that Hina and Niko have a bunch of friends who they call "the fam(ily)".

So, now I'm sitting here wondering how they could give the pre-made in-game characters sentiments (you know, the new relationship thing) towards each other beyond the household (typically, pre-mades only know their own household members in TS4), but at the same time the lore from the trailers and other promotional material isn't even in the game? Like, they gave us lore in the game and they gave us lore in the promotional material, but it's not the same lore? I don't get it. At all.

I don't get why it's so often like this. I love the lore from the trailers, but it almost never translates into the actual game. For example, in a Get Together trailer we see Morgan Fyres and Paolo Rocca kissing, but in the actual game Morgan is a teen, 13 days away from becoming a young adult, and Paolo is a young adult, which means that they can't have a romantic relationship. Another example is Alice Martin, Erwin Pries and Jess Sigworth, from StrangerVille, being friends in the trailers, and in the game they don't even know each other. A third example is Julia Wright and Becca Clarke, in the second trailer it's mentioned that they met when they became roommates at university, but in the description of their in-game household it says that they met in kindergarten. How hard can it be to be consistent when creating lore?

Anyway, I hope they'll add Hina, Niko AND the fam to the gallery soon. They still haven't added Clare from Eco Lifestyle, which came out over 5 months ago, the family from Nifty Knitting, which came out 4 months ago, or the couple from Tiny Living, which came out 10 months ago, so I guess I shouldn't have my hopes up for Hina and company.

Edit: They're added to the gallery! :D Though Hina has a trait from Island Living, which is an unfortunate oversight since these sims should only be base game and Snowy Escape.

Message 74 of 75 (723 Views)

★★★★ Pro

Here are some sims from renders and trailer for the skin tone update. Would like to have them in the gallery, they're all very cute.

50692084222_438de8b1a6.jpg

50692083982_ac5d2aa1a7.jpg

50692003806_f9161ea98e.jpg

50691256878_5c75cd4556.jpg

Message 75 of 75 (643 Views)