Re: Money Tree Growing Problems

by CathieCMR

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Money Tree Growing Problems

★ Guide

Is anyone having issues growing a money tree? (legit, from aspiration store, lvl 10 gardening skill, not in a planter, etc)  I've grown a handful of them but can't seem to now.  I've tried with 2 different games and it's just not working for me.  I'll get them to sprout sometimes...but then that's it.  The picture I attached is as big as it'll ever get.  Oddly, I was able to evolve it, plus when I do a Super Sell, I do see the simoleon signs come up out of it, but didn't see how much (I wasn't paying attention to the amount).  Clicking on the tree itself does not give me an option to sell.  

Message 1 of 4 (3,256 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CathieCMR I'm running a test in one of my games on this. I just confirmed that on a grown Money Tree I see the expected behaviors. I can drag it to sell it in build mode or to inventory to strip the fruit into my inventory. I can click on the tree in live mode and get the normal options (sell fruit - if the fruit is present, water, etc.).

Edit: I took one of the fruits from it and planted it. On day 3 it became a young plant. On day 6 it became a full-grown tree. On day 7 it was harvestable with the expected options. Please see screenshot – it's the money tree on the right:

Monwy Tree-Day 7.jpg

To begin troubleshooting for your game:

Do you have Mods or CC (or have you ever had them)? If you do please remove them in this process and try the troubleshooting as described below. (If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache files mentioned and run the repair.) If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (3,234 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@CathieCMR I'm running a test in one of my games on this. I just confirmed that on a grown Money Tree I see the expected behaviors. I can drag it to sell it in build mode or to inventory to strip the fruit into my inventory. I can click on the tree in live mode and get the normal options (sell fruit - if the fruit is present, water, etc.).

Edit: I took one of the fruits from it and planted it. On day 3 it became a young plant. On day 6 it became a full-grown tree. On day 7 it was harvestable with the expected options. Please see screenshot – it's the money tree on the right:

Monwy Tree-Day 7.jpg

To begin troubleshooting for your game:

Do you have Mods or CC (or have you ever had them)? If you do please remove them in this process and try the troubleshooting as described below. (If you don't have Mods or CC, just skip the part about removing the Mods folder, but still delete the cache files mentioned and run the repair.) If you ever had Mods or CC in the past then do the steps as if you have them currently (removing the Mods folder), as there could be damage that has remained after you removed them.

• Exit your game then exit Origin. Please drag the Mods folder from your 'The Sims 4' folder onto your desktop (for future reference) then delete the localthumbnailcache.package file in your 'The Sims 4' folder. Also delete any other folders in the 'Sims 4' folder with word cache in the name. (When you restart the game it will automatically create a new Mods folder.)
  • Next please run a game repair [ Open Origin, click 'Game Library' then right-click Sims 4 > Repair Game ]. Make sure to let it run until it has completed all repairs (it will do the base-game first, then run through each of your expansions/packs). After that, please see if the issue has stopped.

If it was Mods/CC: If this fixes the issue I would recommend that you check with the Mod and CC creators to see if there are any known issues with their Mod/CC clashing with the recent update and if so do they have an updated Mod/CC that will address the changes in the game's code from the update. You can then re-add your updated Mods/CC one at a time to see if one was conflicting with the function/causing the glitch - but do not re-add the old config file from the old mods folder, as it is possible for it to have become corrupted also.

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Message 2 of 4 (3,235 Views)

★ Guide
@SheriGR It was a mod...I am pretty sure. I had just updated it, but apparently there was a glitch and I didn't catch the new update (It was UI Cheats in case anyone has this issue too). Since everything was up to date and running fine otherwise, initially, I figured I'd ask and see if anyone else had the issue on here. Then I began having other issues...saves not holding for example (skills, relationships, even homes not being there when coming back on after saving and logging off)...that's when I found out about a 2nd update for the mod and fixed it. It's fixed now.
Message 3 of 4 (3,169 Views)

Champion

@CathieCMR Yay!! I'm so happy to hear you're all set and things are back to normal in your game. Thank you for letting us know. Happy simming! 🌹

Message 4 of 4 (3,162 Views)