Re: Mods issue

by CGrant56

Original Post

Mods issue

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I have had Sims4 downloaded since it came out and im now playing it on my MacBook, so I thought I should try out mods to see the story progression. I followed all the steps on the website and still they don't show up in the game. Ive unzipped them I've enabled mods through the settings on sims and I have nothing and im ready to give up.

Please help :')

Message 1 of 2 (206 Views)

Re: Mods issue

Hero

@footykl 

From what you've said, you must have added MCCC as that is the only mod that will give you a semblance of story progression that I know of.  If that is the mod you are talking about, to see if it is working, you can look in a few places.  There should be an MCCC option on any sims, child and above, on any computer in the game and on the mailbox.  So have you clicked on any of those things to see if the options are there?

If you find the options are there, then the mod is being seen by the game.  If it is, then you are good to go.  Then all you need to do is configure the mod via the options on a computer.  Story progression does show up immediately though and there is no specific option to turn it on or off.  It is created by how you set MCCC to function by choosing the options you want like having sims move into houses, having them marry and have kids and so on.  Some, but not all options, are set by default when you install the mod.  You will need to tailor it for your style of play. After you set what options you want how want them, then it still takes a while for things to start happening.  You'll get wall pop ups telling you as things happen though.  It will probably take a while for you to actually start seeing things happen in the game.

If you can't find the MCCC options, then the game is probably not seeing the mod.  So the first thing to check is where you installed it.  It should be in the Mods folder.  I create an MCCC folder inside the Mods folder and put all the files there.  You might have to alter your resource.cfg file too so the game will find the files.

If you do have the files in the right place and still can't get it to work, please come back and post and we can go from there.

Hope this helps.

Message 2 of 2 (176 Views)