Re: Mods and file mess up.

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods and file mess up.

★ Novice

Ok so I need some help... I am new to sims and do not know much about computers. So I found out about mods. well I went to YouTube and googled them. Went to other forums and such, to find out like where to get them and how to get them on the game. So I started downloading mods and putting it in the mods folder. Well I was never able to make them work. They would pop up on the game on the menu when I launched the game but they would never work. So I gave up, and decided to delete all the mods. Well they wouldn't delete. They simply would come back after I deleted them. Like they weren't completely deleting, and the ones that would pop up on the game's menu would still be there. So I gave up and decided not to play for a while because it just frustrated me. Plus the mods would make the game glitch. Like my sim's toddler would be dirty even though her hygiene bar was full. Eventually the grimy look she had went away by itself. I had stopped trying to get rid of it because nothing worked. Luckily it worked itself out. There had been other glitches as well, but also worked themselves out, But I never had these glitches before the mods. So anyway just the other day I decided that I was going to try one more time to delete all the mods. Well I open up the file explorer and found that there were two sims 4 files. Oh and I somehow have multiple files of the mods file as well.  I decided that well maybe it would help if I merged the two sims 4 files, and mid way I thought against it so I stopped it. I also uninstalled the game thinking that it might wipe everything, because at this point that's what I want it to wipe everything and start over, and fix it where I can actually use mods.

Message 1 of 6 (713 Views)

Accepted Solution

Champion (Retired)

Please see this link for help with Mods and CC.
https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Mods-Installation-How-Troubleshooting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (705 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

Please see this link for help with Mods and CC.
https://levelskip.com/simulation/Sims-4-Mods-Installation-How-Troubleshooting

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 6 (706 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@jpkarlsen I will definitely read through all of that thank you! Also should I go ahead and reinstall the game? or will that only create another sims 4 file...? Or  can I just delete the other two sims 4 files since I already uninstalled the game..? >-< sorry for so many questions... As I said before I am new to all of this and I just want to get an understanding of it all. So that I won't mess everything up again.

Message 3 of 6 (692 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You can reinstall the game if you wan't but it likely is unnecessary Repairing the game will likely work better.

Message 4 of 6 (685 Views)

★ Novice

Well I reinstalled it. And I’m quitting the game. Frown the mods thing still hasn’t been fixed and now when i try to earn fame stars well I can’t earn them. No matter what I do. And I went onto a forum where it said to delete all the cache files. Did that and now half of my introduction actions are gone as well as a romance option. 

Message 5 of 6 (644 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Seems you did something you should not have done. Repair the game by rightclicking it in Origin game library and select repair.

To earn fame stars you need to earn enough fame. The things that earn fame is marked with +fame.

Message 6 of 6 (638 Views)