Mods & CC for consoles

by Pnixbucket

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mods & CC for consoles

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I play sims on a ps4 and I think it would be amazing if CC And mods for consoles was added! It would make the game way more realistic and we would be able to make the game a lot more personalized and enjoyable

Message 1 of 6 (820 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mods & CC for consoles

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 I'm not sure about MS, but I know Sony is extremely adamant about not giving access to the playstation file system. I've heard if anyone cracks the OS to see the file system, their accounts and consoles are immediately banned from the network.

Unless they have some kind of online system like Skyrim and Fallout's Creation Club where they charge for the free content, it isn't going to happen. Sony certainly won't allow users to store files in a "mods" directory on the console.

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (684 Views)

All Replies

Champion

@Pnixbucket you are right in that it would be fun to have Mods and CC for consoles!  The problem is is that this isn't EA's decision alone -- it is up to Sony and Microsoft if they want to allow Mods and CC for consoles! Disappointed I have heard that Microsoft is more open to this idea, but I don't know if that part is true or not.  I do know that both Sony and Microsoft have to agree to allowing Mods and CC before it will be available for consoles. Raised eyebrow

Keep in mind that if Microsoft and Sony ever do agree to allowing ModCC to consoles, that Mods and CC can require a lot of upkeep, especially if you have a lot of CC items! Disappointed Every time EA updates the game, there is a chance that some Mods or CC can become outdated, requiring you to test to see if the problem is caused by broken Mods or CC, then finding which one is the culprit, and then going to where you found that mod or CC item and seeing if the creators have updated their mod or CC item to work with the latest game updates.  (and on PC's and Mac we have to also delete the local thumb cache.package file, but I don't know if console users would have to do that , or something equivalent, or not! Thinking  If this seems like too much trouble for you (as it is for me! Large smile), then it would be best if you didn't use any Mods or CC! Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (733 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@PugLove888 I'm not sure about MS, but I know Sony is extremely adamant about not giving access to the playstation file system. I've heard if anyone cracks the OS to see the file system, their accounts and consoles are immediately banned from the network.

Unless they have some kind of online system like Skyrim and Fallout's Creation Club where they charge for the free content, it isn't going to happen. Sony certainly won't allow users to store files in a "mods" directory on the console.
Message 3 of 6 (685 Views)

Champion

@Psychotps , thank you for the explanation!  The unfortunate thing is the almost everyone blames EA for Mods and CC not being available for consoles, when it is at least Sony who is the one who is responsible for that (and possibly X-box as well). Disappointed
@Pnixbucket , I hope this clears up any confusion as to why the console versions of TS4 don't allow Mods and CC.  Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 6 (655 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I bought nearly all the packs before realising I can't even get cc on console, I want cc REALLY badly in my game so I might have to start buying them all again n my laptop. 😑

Message 5 of 6 (513 Views)

Community Manager
Message 6 of 6 (477 Views)