SOLVED: Modifyrelationship Cheat Not Working In Sims 4

by mattsangelgirl

Original Post

Accepted Solution

SOLVED: Modifyrelationship Cheat Not Working In Sims 4

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I been typing different ways like modifyrelationship with the first and last name both sims than the number of strength  than I put LTR_friendship than next try i put LTR_Friendship than the third try I put LTR_Friendship_Main why isn't working?

CM Edit: Updated thread title

Message 1 of 6 (2,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Modifyrelationship not work on sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mattsangelgirl, the actual cheat is modifyrelationship YourSimfirst YourSimlast TargetSimfirst TargetSimlast 100 LTR_Friendship_main
So if it were Bella and Mortimer Goth (for an example) it would be:
modifyrelationship Bella Goth Mortimer Goth 100 LTR_Friendship_main
and then you would press the Enter button. 

However, this is one of those cheats that requires you to enter the Testing Cheats cheat first and then do the Relationship cheat.Raised eyebrow

So try this :
Bring up the cheat box and type testingcheats on and then press the Enter button.  It should say testing cheats are enabled if you did it right. 
Then type
 modifyrelationship Bella Goth Mortimer Goth 100 LTR_Friendship_main and press the Enter button, using the names of the Sims you want in place of Bella and Mortimer Goth. Wink
Then you can turn off the Testing Cheats cheat by typing testingcheats off and press Enter
I would just copy and past the cheat and then put in the names of the Sims you want since this is a long cheat! Wink

Please update us on your progress! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,965 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@mattsangelgirl, the actual cheat is modifyrelationship YourSimfirst YourSimlast TargetSimfirst TargetSimlast 100 LTR_Friendship_main
So if it were Bella and Mortimer Goth (for an example) it would be:
modifyrelationship Bella Goth Mortimer Goth 100 LTR_Friendship_main
and then you would press the Enter button. 

However, this is one of those cheats that requires you to enter the Testing Cheats cheat first and then do the Relationship cheat.Raised eyebrow

So try this :
Bring up the cheat box and type testingcheats on and then press the Enter button.  It should say testing cheats are enabled if you did it right. 
Then type
 modifyrelationship Bella Goth Mortimer Goth 100 LTR_Friendship_main and press the Enter button, using the names of the Sims you want in place of Bella and Mortimer Goth. Wink
Then you can turn off the Testing Cheats cheat by typing testingcheats off and press Enter
I would just copy and past the cheat and then put in the names of the Sims you want since this is a long cheat! Wink

Please update us on your progress! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (1,966 Views)

★★★★ Guide

In addition to @PugLove888 it won't work on Sims with "3 names", i.e. Bella Elizabeth Goth

Message 3 of 6 (1,900 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Coley666 Put quotes around the first or last name, whichever has the two words.

modifyrelationship "Bella Elizabeth" Goth Mortimer Goth 100 LTR_Friendship_main

etc.
Message 4 of 6 (1,891 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@Psychotps Whatt?! This knowledge needs to be more common than it is!

Message 5 of 6 (1,886 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Coley666

That's been a standard thing for years. It works in ALL games operating systems, websites, Don't know about Apples but I'm sure it works there too.

If you ever want to pass a string with a space in it as a single parameter, put quotes around it.

Skyrim: help "iron ingots" 4
(lists the Prid of iron ingots in Skyrim)

Even Google works that way. Want to search for an entire string and not the individual words? Put quotes around it.

Message 6 of 6 (1,871 Views)