Re: Missing sims from unplayed/not in world selection?

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Missing sims from unplayed/not in world selection?

★★★★ Apprentice

So I started a new game and when I build my world I not only like to put in my own sims but I like putting in the games own pre made sims, specifically the ones that are "not in the world" but you will see them anyways walking up and down the street and even knocking on your door and calling you up! I was going to make a new game and try and put as many sims as I could into the world! Although when I started up the world and went into managed worlds to go look for the unplayed/not in world sims I quickly noticed there were a lot less sims! When I counted there were only 24 sims as to my previous game of about 42! Does the game keep removing its own pre-made sims? Should I reinstall the game?

Message 1 of 4 (1,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Takata5 There is a pool of pre-made homeless NPC townies (like Alex Moyer) that you should see in any game save, but for the most part I think the game will just randomly generate an NPC townie whenever it needs one. For NPC townies like this you will not see them from one game save to the next (unless you have uploaded them into your Library and imported them into your new game). I think if you keep playing longer and visit lots that require NPC townies (i.e. food stall vendors, buskers, living statues, luchador/raccoon, park rangers, etc.) then you will see more unplayed/not in world Sims in Manage Households in your new game. As far as I know the game will not cull NPC townies unless you start getting too many Sims in your game.

I'll try a quick test and see how many unplayed/not in world Sims I have in my game.

EDIT: Ok so I just did a quick check:

- In the save I have been playing for a while now with Sims visiting many other lots and generating a lot of situational NPC townies I had something like 268 unplayed/not in world Sims.

- I started a new game and placed a Maxis Sim in Willow Creek and immediately went to Manage Households. There were only 20 unplayed/not in world Sims in Manage Households and I recognized all of them. This number will probably vary depending on how many expansion packs you own. I only saw Sims like Alex Moyer, Father Winter, Mayor Whiskers, the pre-made mermaids from Island Living, the pre-made University professors from Discover University, a few celebrities from Get Famous, etc., Sims like that. I know as soon as I start travelling to new neighborhoods that I will see a lot more than 20 on that list! xD

Message 2 of 4 (1,948 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Dirk Dreamer, Izzy Fabulous, Dustin Broke, and Kyla Flemming are currently not in world but I always see them walking around, like Kyla is always at the gym, Dirk randomly appears as a top celeberty although I remember in one playthrough that I had Izzy was placed in a household and so was Dirk at one time at least until I turned off fill empty households. I also remember many other sims since my first time playing since installing the game on my new pc but I don't see them anymore.I think those sims that I mentioned all belong to certain expansion packs so I don't think they will be culled.

Message 3 of 4 (1,930 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Takata5 Some NPC townies by design are in the game but are not in Manage Households:

not in manage households.JPG

I think it might have something to do with their hidden traits.

I will see if I can find Kyla Fleming in Manage Households in my game, I know I see her at the gym all the time too. If I can find her I will try to check her hidden traits to see if there is anything different in there.

Here is a link to a thread for more details on NPC Sims in the game but not in Manage Households:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/BY-DESIGN-GTW-NPCs-that-are-in-game-but-not-in-manage-househol...

I'm just a regular Sims player, I do not work for EA, Sony, or Microsoft

EDIT: I checked on a New Save and Kayla Flemming is one of the Sims I do see in Manage Households. She didn't have any hidden traits that looked out of ordinary. Is it possible that she was somehow reassigned to be a service NPC in your game? Her default career appears to be Athletic/Bodybuilder.

Message 4 of 4 (1,912 Views)