Missing mods :(

by xAssKissed

Original Post

Missing mods :(

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Hey everyone wassup? umm i just have a question, ok so heres the thing i play the sims 4 with mods and cc, my game run properly with mods and cc, but there is this mod of the fortnite dances and i wanted to install it to the game so i downloaded it and when i opened the game all the mods and all my cc was right there but the fornite dances mod, is this normal? is because the mod is incompatible with the new patch of the sims 4? and if this is the case how can i make this mod to appear in my game? thanks x -xasskissed 

EDIT by EA_Jason: Removed formatting and mod file, please don't share mods on this forum. 

Message 1 of 2 (565 Views)

Re: Missing mods :(

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@xAssKissed It's possible that the mod you are asking about is outdated. It's also possible that it is conflicting with one of your other mods. The best thing to do is go back to where you downloaded this mod and see if there are any compatibility notes. You can also try to find a website for the mod creator and ask them directly.

Is this Fortnite Dance mod a .ts4script mod? Do you have script mods enabled in your game settings? Also, if it is a script mod it can be placed no more than one level deep in your Mods folder, unlike tuning mods or CC which are .package files and by default can placed up to 5 levels deep in your Mods folder.

EDIT: Looking at the name of the file that you listed I see it's in .RAR format. Did you unpack the .RAR file before you placed it in your Mods folder?

EDIT #2: OK I went to the MTS site and downloaded the .RAR file to see what was inside of it. There are four files, one .ts4script file and three .package files. The instructions say you can choose the "autonomy version" or the "no autonomy version". You can pick either one but not both. These are both .package files so one of these will go in your Mods folder. There is also a Fortnite Animations.package file, this also needs to go in your Mods folder. Finally there is a Sigma1202_inject fortnite_interactions.ts4script file, this also needs to go in your Mods folder no more than one level deep. You'll have to enable script mods in your game options for this to work.

The easiest way to keep things organized for something like this is to create a "Fortnite Dance Mod" sub-folder inside your Mods folder. After you have unpacked the .RAR file, chose either the Fortnite Dances mod No Autonomy.package file or the Fortnite Dances mod with autonomy.package file and place one of them in your Fortnite Dance Mod folder. Then place the Fortnite animations.package file and the Sigma1202_inject fortnite_interactions.ts4script file in that same Fortnite Dance Mod folder.

The file path for this new folder would look like this:

Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods\Fortnite Dance Mod

Then make sure that script mods are allowed in your game options.

script mods.JPG

There's nothing on the MTS download page or the comments that say this mod is broken so hopefully it works for you. Feel free to ask if you have any questions on any of this.

Good luck :D

Message 2 of 2 (549 Views)