Re: Missing items in the Eco Living pack

by Psychotps

Original Post

Missing items in the Eco Living pack

★★ Novice

Hello, hoping someone can help. I've had the eco living pack since it came out and I've been unable to find the new little TV and the hydraulic planter that came with it. Are they unlocks or something?? I've searched using the search bar I have gone through all eco living items and they aren't they. Please help (: 

Message 1 of 22 (2,683 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@holliemangan

I know the hydroponic planter is a fabricator recipe, my sim received it while she was in the new career. Not sure about the little TV.

If you keep drafting ideas on that tablet they give you for the career, going up to sims and presenting them, then submitting them, you'll occasionally get new recipes for the fabricator. That's how I got the planter. I know if you use the buy mode unlock cheats, you'll find them all in there... but sometimes it's more fun to unlock them normally. Standard smile

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 22 (2,665 Views)

Champion

@holliemangan, like @Psychotps stated, there are unlockable items in this game.  I don't know how to unlock the TV yet, but if is isn't unlocked with the new career in the pack, or through fabrication skill (which increases the amount of items you can craft as your skill increases) , some items are also unlocked by the Dumpster Diving interaction on dumpsters! Large smile In addition to furniture, there are also clothing items (such as jewelry) that you can unlock! 

While it is more fun to unlock these items through gameplay, if you are a builder you will want to use these items right away!   There are a few cheats you can use to do that.  
The first is the Show Hidden Objects cheat. 
Bring up the cheat box by pressing Ctrl + Shift + C at the same time
Then in the cheat box type bb.showhiddenobjects and press Enter. 
This will bring up certain hidden objects such as the little dolls from the doll house among other things. 

For objects unlocked by career advancement, you can use the Ignore Gameplay Unlocks Entitlement cheat
Bring up the cheat box like you did above.
Then in the cheat box type bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement and press Enter

Now that will unlock certain items like special computers and desks, etc. 

Finally, if these don't do the trick, then there is the Debug cheat .  This is more for items that are present in neighborhoods that normally aren't interacted with but are just for decoration.  I don't think what you are looking for will be found in Debug, but here is the cheat anyway:
Bring up the cheat box like before
type in the cheat box bb.showhiddenobjects and press Enter like you did in the1st cheat
Then in the cheat box type bb.showliveeditobjects and press Enter
Then in the Search Box (not the cheat box) on the left of the screen type debug

Unfortunately, the CAS objects (jewelry) that you can unlock with gameplay can not be unlocked any other way. Frown

Hopefully that will help if you can't wait to unlock stuff through gameplay. Wink And if you don't want to use cheats, just keep experimenting with the new career, the fabrication skill, and dumpster diving, and you should find most, if not all of the hidden items! 
Fell free to update us! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 3 of 22 (2,614 Views)

★★ Novice

Oh great, thanks so much!! I thought you would have to do something..least I'm not going mad now haha 😅

Message 4 of 22 (2,601 Views)

★★ Guide
@holliemangan The little tv you can only get (without cheats) by dumpster diving. There is also a bed that you can get that way too, as well as a few other things (that I haven't gotten yet but have seen in the "cheat".)
Message 5 of 22 (2,553 Views)

★★ Novice

Ahh perfect, I better start dumpster diving then. First gotta change my traits because she's squeamish lol so don't think she'll like it too much :D 

Message 6 of 22 (2,535 Views)

Champion

@KatAnubisthanks for informing us on how to find the little TV!   I have seen the mattress from the dumpster, as well as a table and chairs, but not the TV yet! Raised eyebrow

@holliemangan, you probably already changed your Sims traits, but if you haven't then a good one for Dumpster Diving is the Freegan Trait, or the Recyler trait (I forget exactly what it is called). Wink

Message 7 of 22 (2,506 Views)

★★ Guide

@PugLove888 I think the trait you're thinking of is "recycle disciple."

Yes, the table and chairs (which I've now found as well) are only in the dumpster (or cheats.) I've heard that they are especially loved, because like the TV, they were in The Sims (original). 

Message 8 of 22 (2,482 Views)

Champion

@KatAnubis, Yes, that's it!!!   I knew the title was something clever like that, but I couldn't recall it! Oops

And yes, the table and chairs specifically were used in the Newbie house (Betty & Bob Newbie) in the original Sims! Heart  Pretty much everybody who played the Sims played this house (it might have been a tutorial house, but I'm not sure).  They might have had the TV too, but I haven't seen the TS4 version of this TV yet, so I can't be certain, but I think I know which TV it was modeled on! Standard smile

Message 9 of 22 (2,443 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 I never play the "existing families" so I didn't remember them the way some people do. (And I prefer "upscale" furniture. My Sims, except for this "Rags to Riches" thing, generally get a generous start with motherlode help!)
Message 10 of 22 (2,417 Views)