by Artemis_713

Original Post

Highlighted

Missing fabrication unlocks

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Max out the fabrication skill, but there are things i know are fabricated that dont show up, like the desk and the couch.
What happens when the bug occurs? Just not seeing items
What do you expect to see? Everything the sim gurus say you can fabricate when you max out the skill.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Well, just got eco living, thats where the issue is

Ive seen fhe list of things you can fabricate, and i can find them in debug. But when i maxed out the skill i cant find how to fabricate them. 

Message 1 of 19 (5,963 Views)

Re: Missing fabrication unlocks

★ Guide

Some are unlocked through the Civic Designer career and others I have learned through the Master Crafter lady. She randomly approached my sim and gave me a few blueprints.

Message 2 of 19 (5,925 Views)

Hero
@Artemis_713 Can you check if you get them by the means @Willowana posted ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 19 (5,782 Views)

★★ Novice

Who is the master crafter lady? 

Message 4 of 19 (5,737 Views)

★ Guide

There's an interaction under friendly, something like "talk about fabrication" with a respective little fabricator icon. When using it in conversation with any sim it sometimes gives a new blueprint. About 50% chance as far as I can tell. You get notification whether you learned smth or not either way.

Message 5 of 19 (5,714 Views)

Hero
@Artemis_713 Moving this to General Discussion for now as I believe it's a misunderstanding on how it works and not a bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 19 (5,653 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@Artemis_713 
After maxing the Fabrication skill I could not find the Fabricated Couch and Fabricated Desk as options to craft using the Store No More Home Fabricator. Also tested with same Sim entering the Civil Designer career. In the Civil Designer Career / Green Technician branch there were additional food items that could be fabricated but not those items. The couch and desk were not available to craft in the Civil Planner branch either.

Both Fabricated Couch and Fabricated Desk are in debug (used bb.showhiddenobjects cheat).
I suspect they can be found by diving into the dumpster.
That would explain them not being on the crafting menu to fabricate.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 19 (5,612 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I got the fabricated couch from the master crafter lady. You can talk to her about fabricating and she might teach you some new things to craft.

Message 8 of 19 (5,571 Views)

★ Guide

I have a current issue with the fabrication unlocks from the Civil Designer career, none of the unlocks are being unlocked at all, not even the vacuum thing, I've made drafts using the new tablet that is unlocked in the Civil Designer career and so far nothing is being unlocked, I didn't have this issue in my previous save, but in my new save its a constant annoyance. How do we unlock stuff that is unlockable for the fabrication machine?

Message 9 of 19 (4,963 Views)

★★★ Guide

I got the fabricated couch and desk from Enthuse about Fabrication iteration .

I still miss one floor lamp. There are two type of floor lamp, the first one you can learn at lvl 5 fabrication. Someone unlocked the second one?

Message 10 of 19 (4,855 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help