Missing Terrain Paint?

by zeldaria195

Original Post

Missing Terrain Paint?

★★★ Apprentice

Hello! I'm trying to add a driveway to a lot in Del Sol Valley like the one my neighbor has, but the terrain paint is not in the list. Like, it's obviously a terrain paint because of the way it's feathered at the edges (as opposed to being a floor tile), but it's not one of the terrain paint options. I'm wondering if there are hidden terrain paints, but I can't seem to find it in debug mode?? Also, notice how there's a fence/border around the terrain? I can't find that either. Basically, there's a bunch of stuff I'm just itching to use in my lot that I can't seem to find. Anyone know how to find what I'm looking for?

Screenshot from Del Sol Valley

Message 1 of 5 (2,001 Views)

Re: Missing Terrain Paint?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@zeldaria195 

Please refer to this thread. There is a post I made there about the the debug fencing you want, I think, and the closest tiles I know of in debug &/or hidden that would qualify as the objects you're describing. There are screenshots of where to find them in debug, plus directions for using debug, hidden objects, and moo.

I also uploaded a room with these debug/hidden fences and one with the tiles. You'll have to read through the whole post as it was an ongoing set of requests: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Original-Side-walk-and-fences-ecolifestyle/m-p...

As for the neighbor's driveway, I agree that does look like a terrain paint. I just activated all of the debug and hidden objects and don't see that paint revealed in terrain paint. It also looks like some of the tiles in the post I'm linking too - hopefully close enough that you'll be happy with them next to each other. I often combine two or more terrain paints in varied amounts of feathering, tapping or straight-up painting for a desired effect, but it doesn't really look like what they did in that screenshot. 

You can see the way I used the tiles in this lot, and a bit of what I'm talking about in regards to combining and varying the terrain paint - and even combining terrain paint with the debug tiles. If you'd like to download and take it apart to see this is the link to the lot: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/13E46EC9700911EA8EBDABC23C933B11

Please let me know if this covers what you need or if I can be of further assistance. Thanks!

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (1,954 Views)

[ Edited ]

@zeldaria195 

Yep, it's such a bugbear of mine that there are world terrain paints that haven't carried over into the build catalogue. There's a lot in Strangerville (I think) that has gravel leading up to it but the same colour texture is not available. Drives me nuts Teeth bared

Edit to add - the fencing is base game in the debug menu and looks like this:

Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 08.55.19.png

Screenshot 2020-08-16 at 08.57.51.png

You need to enable bb.showliveeditobjects for it to show up Standard smile

The Sims 3 Mac Forum - | - The Sims 4 Mac Forum -
- Clearing Origin cache - | - Mac specific TS4 issues -
AHQSigImage.png
Please do not PM me unless I ask you to, I won't reply
- I am not affiliated with EA in anyway -
Message 3 of 5 (1,918 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@SheriGR Thanks! That's a great place to start!!
Message 4 of 5 (1,852 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@Bluebellflora Awesome, thanks! I'd never heard of bb.showliveeditobjects before. I'll have to check it out.
Message 5 of 5 (1,852 Views)