Re: Missing Holiday build/buy category

by KimZ1111

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Missing Holiday build/buy category

★★ Novice

Before the last update or two, when you were in a holiday and clicked on buy/build, different options for holiday decorations and activities would be the default category.  What happened to that category?  Am I missing it?  I have to search all different categories before finding the holiday items.  Please put this back in. 

Message 1 of 8 (6,326 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@KimZ1111You should be able to do a search using the word 'holiday' in the search bar to bring up the holiday items. Otherwise, the holiday folder only appears on the holiday when you click on the "show items" on the holiday popup. Reference Here.

If the category is completely gone on the holiday, please open a bug report.

View in thread

Message 3 of 8 (6,265 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Expert

@KimZ1111ou 

I noticed this. On some of my households, when a holiday was coming up, I could hit F2 and purchase the Attic Stack decorations boxes from the holidays menu in case I forgot. Now, it doesn't happen and I have to look it up manually.

ThePsycho

Accept as Solution button - If a post answers your question please let everyone know by hitting this button.
Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Message 2 of 8 (6,316 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@KimZ1111You should be able to do a search using the word 'holiday' in the search bar to bring up the holiday items. Otherwise, the holiday folder only appears on the holiday when you click on the "show items" on the holiday popup. Reference Here.

If the category is completely gone on the holiday, please open a bug report.

Message 3 of 8 (6,266 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@PoptartJuniper Holiday folder is completely gone as I stated in my first post.
Message 4 of 8 (6,249 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KimZ1111 

Like @PoptartJuniper wrote it only appears if you click on the popup you get. Once you close build mode it is gone but you can still do a search for "Holiday" to see all items tagged with holiday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (6,240 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenYep. I know this. i am well aware of the Sims 4 search feature. I just now submitted a bug report. I was unable to find where the bug submission form was until @PoptartJuniper replied to me with it. I may be a “novice” on this site but I’ve been playing Sims since the first Sims was popular and Sims 4 since the day it came out. Thanks for reiterating what another simmer posted though. 😘

Message 6 of 8 (6,213 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@KimZ1111 

Sorry but your answer made it appear like you had not quite understood it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 8 (6,200 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@jpkarlsenMy original post was regarding the holiday folder that used to be displayed in Build/buy mode DURING a holiday is no longer there. It’s a pain in the behind to hunt for the different items when I’m used to all related items were in that convenient folder. The items are not all tagged “holiday” so the search is varied and I’m lazy. 🙂

Message 8 of 8 (6,186 Views)