Re: Misogynistic ads need to go, EA

by tron20X6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Misogynistic ads need to go, EA

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

This ad, shown in The Sims Mobile, used to say ‘virgin’ the other day, and was changed to ‘pure girl’ when I last saw it. This entire ad is degrading, and it is not the only one. If the screening process for these ads is broken, then fix it. Every ad should be watched prior to being added to the games, especially considering EA requires players to watch them in order to gain some token or other. I expect a better process with as much money as the game makes EA. 

Let’s not forget our children are watching these ads. That is infuriating to know my children saw garbage like this, and still do. Do better, EA!

Message 1 of 12 (3,530 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)
@frybaby4
Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We will report this ad right away.

View in thread

Message 2 of 12 (3,420 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
@frybaby4
Thank you for bringing this to our notice. We will report this ad right away.
Message 2 of 12 (3,421 Views)

Can we please block and ban this DISGUSTING ad once and for all??!

★★★★ Guide

This ad is perhaps the most egregiously inappropriate I've ever seen in TSM (and there are several other problematic ads, which I will report separately, but this one is by far the biggest offender). It has popped up before in the past, but it seems to go away for a couple of months only to regularly come back again. Currently, it has been appearing in my game every day since November 26, 2021. Somehow it continues to get past the censors.

The ad is from a company called Inkitt. They have several "apps", which is probably how they are able to bypass the age filter and resubmit their ads multiple times for inclusion in TSM. The names of the apps are "Addictive Audiobooks Plus" and "GALATEA - Novels and Stories". They are for adult-oriented risque audiobooks. I hate to think of how many innocent kids have had to be subjected to these ridiculous ads. See screenshots below.

IMG_5159.PNG

IMG_5162.PNG

IMG_5160.PNG

IMG_5161.PNG

Message 3 of 12 (3,245 Views)

Re: Can we please block and ban this DISGUSTING ad once and for all??!

Hero

@tron20X6 Thanks. This ad has been already reported. I am merging your post with this one.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 12 (3,178 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thank you @SalixCat 🤗

Message 5 of 12 (3,162 Views)

★★★ Novice
@SalixCat Is there a preferred way to report in-game ads? Last night there was an ad featuring a nun masterbating.
Message 6 of 12 (3,019 Views)

Hero
@Pennywink It's fine to report them here. CMs and SimGurus read this forum.
We need the ad provider and your location.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 7 of 12 (2,987 Views)

★★★ Novice
Thank you for your post; I appreciate they were merged together, and will hopefully generate more awareness. I don’t know about y’all, but I’m still seeing this ad.
Message 8 of 12 (2,904 Views)

★★★ Novice

So many of the ads in this game are just plain creepy, and yet there's no easy way to report them. I've seen a lot of complaints on here and other forums about how uncomfortable they're making people. When it gets to the point players are flipping their phones over to not watch them, that's a problem.

Message 9 of 12 (2,839 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@zeeoddballYeah, I’ve definitely had to do that before, when the ad is just so blatantly offensive that I can’t bear to watch it.

I really wish there was a simple “Report Ad” icon that we could tap to easily report inappropriate ads. There are some events where we just seem inundated by these unwanted ads.

Message 10 of 12 (2,800 Views)