Re: Milestoine points are disappeard?

by aodoherty

Original Post

Highlighted

★★ Pro
@RandomBuzziness I can try with vanilla game. I have another sims 4 folder has never used mods and ccs. Standard smile In my current saved game, the points are never shown at all. Thanks.
Message 11 of 21 (521 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I tested this with Bjergsen family. Still the points are not appeared.

5.jpg

At Power House club.

All the others are at work and school but Clara at this moment. 

6.jpg

Traveling home didn't change anything in my game.

7.jpg

Tried to change her aspiration to chef.

8.jpg

Bjorn's milestones

9.jpg

Sofia's milestones

10.jpg

Elsa's milestones

After this test, I repaired the sims 4 in Origin but nothing has been changed. Frown 

Of course, there's no problem to earn the points after completing each milestones and aspirations.

Message 12 of 21 (510 Views)

Champion

@aodoherty, yes normally it is a good idea to test for problems without any Mods or CC .Standard smile   But It doesn't surprise me that this didn't make any difference since I get the same thing and I don't use mods or CC! Wink  I think this is a bug.  It is annoying but since the points are given out (just not displayed), then the problem isn't that pressing.  But if you really do want to file a Bug Report you can... I just don't want you to hold your breath for a fix since it is such a minor issue. Angel

I do applaud your thorough testing methods though! Star

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 13 of 21 (479 Views)

★★ Pro
@PugLove888 Yeah I know that. I just wanted to test one more time there might be a possibility of the points coming back after traveling lots and confirmed there’s no change. You are right. I will try in bug reports when I have free time. Wink
Message 14 of 21 (465 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@aodoherty Here is what the aspiration window looks like for one of my Sims. Her points are kind of high because I have been playing this Sim for a while now with auto-aging turned off.

Aspiration window.JPG

It's not very different than those you posted for the Bjorn family. Can you clarify the bug you are seeing in your game so I can test it better in mine? I'm not completely sure what I should be looking for.

EDIT: Oops never mind, I re-read your first post and now I understand better. I'll go back in my game to test one more time. :D

Message 15 of 21 (423 Views)

★★ Pro
@RandomBuzziness Thank you! :D
Message 16 of 21 (389 Views)

★★★ Expert

@aodoherty The points do not appear in my game either. It must have been a change made in a game patch at some point but I never noticed which one. The Aspirations are still working fine in my game otherwise and I do get reward points for completing the aspiration tasks.

Message 17 of 21 (348 Views)

Champion

@aodohertysince neither @RandomBuzziness nor I realized when this had been changed, (and that at least for me I hadn't seen any points in a long time) I'm thinking it was done a while ago.  Seems doubtful that it was intentional, so I think it most likely was an oversight, or else they forgot to list the points on new milestones added to the game with new Aspirations, and then maybe decided to get rid of all the old milestone point displays in order to be the same as the new ones, instead of just giving us the new ones (perhaps it was simpler) Thinking. Then again, it could be an actual bug and not be intended at all. Raised eyebrow

Message 18 of 21 (330 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@RandomBuzzinessThanks very much for the test for me. :D

@RandomBuzziness
@PugLove888
I'm also very curious Maxis decided to hide the points or there would be other reasons. First time I've noticed this one was January this year, around that time. Even I was not sure there was supposed to be the points. Yeah so that's why I wanted to ask here my memory was right or wrong. Anyway, Thanks all. I won't forget both of your kindness. Standard smile (This is the way of expression that I appreciate your helps in my country)

Message 19 of 21 (299 Views)

Champion

@aodoherty, you're welcome!Heart  It is no problem!  I know that both @RandomBuzziness and I enjoy helping people when we can. Standard smile I just wish we knew when the milestone points stopped being displayed. But at least the points can still be achieved!   Thank you for your kindness as well! Angel

Message 20 of 21 (271 Views)