by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Microsoft unable to remotely uninstall game data after refund

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.34.138.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Discover University, Backyard Stuff, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, Spa Day, Laundry Day Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Parenthood, Get to Work, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Dine Out, Get Famous, Outdoor Retreat, Vampires, City Living, Island Living, Fitness Stuff, Moschino Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Contact Microsoft and request a refund for Eco Lifestyle and Realm of Magic
What happens when the bug occurs? Microsoft is unable to remotely delete 2.3 GB of data from Xbox One after issuing a refund.
What do you expect to see? Microsoft being able to remotely delete this data.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

On November 19, I contacted Microsoft for a refund of Eco Lifestyle and Realm of Magic which I had recently bought.  I checked and confirmed Microsoft should be able to remove this data from my console and account, but they cannot remove it.  Other times when I have requested a refund for a game title, Microsoft was able to remotely remove the specific game data from my console and my account, but in this case it cannot be deleted.

Message 1 of 3 (230 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Microsoft unable to remotely uninstall game data after refund

Community Manager

Hi there, @TheSolidRequiem.

You should be able to manually delete the games from your Xbox. To delete multiple games at once, go to your Xbox settings > System > Storage > Select the hard drive they are installed on and hit A. > Uninstall things. Then, you can select which games you want to delete from your system.

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (206 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @TheSolidRequiem.

You should be able to manually delete the games from your Xbox. To delete multiple games at once, go to your Xbox settings > System > Storage > Select the hard drive they are installed on and hit A. > Uninstall things. Then, you can select which games you want to delete from your system.

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 3 (207 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@TheSolidRequiem Lol. They can remove things from your account, but not your system. I am EXTREMELY grateful they can't. I am not about letting ANYONE, even Microsoft, access to any of my systems.

You can uninstall it yourself.
Message 3 of 3 (201 Views)