Mentor

by Kaylainfinity

Original Post

Mentor

★★★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.26
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have all of the expansions except Eco Lifestyle. I also have the Vampires and StrangerVille game packs and the free stuff packs.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Level up you sim enough and try to mentor another sim. I’m having this bug with playing an instrument and working out.
What happens when the bug occurs? It won’t let me mentor. The game plays normally. But I no longer have the option to mentor another sim.
What do you expect to see? What I expect you to see is that there is no option for mentoring other sims regardless of what skill level your sim is at.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The option to mentor my sims. Even if you have the mentor trait from the reward store. It’s quite annoying considering you need this to completely certain aspirations. 

Message 1 of 6 (594 Views)

Re: Mentor

Champion
@Kaylainfinity what skill level is your sim at? For fitness, mentor becomes available at level 10 fitness / or I believe if you're in the bodybuilder branch of the athletic career, you can do it earlier as it's part of the career.

For musical instruments, I think you need to be level 10 - when you reach level 10 in the instrument, the notification that pops up tells you that you can now mentor other sims.

The mentor reward trait you buy doesn't change these requirements.
Message 2 of 6 (583 Views)

Hero
@Kaylainfinity Tagging to see answer above

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 6 (550 Views)

Hero
@Kaylainfinity Moving this to game info for further info and discussion

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (525 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I've had this problem for a long time too. My max leveled sims don't have the option to mentor. I just kinda gave up on it because I didn't know if the mentoring buff was that good or not.

Message 5 of 6 (503 Views)

★★ Guide

@Hubble122 Have You tried it on several different Sims? You can't Mentor Sims, Who've already gained the skill at level 10.

Message 6 of 6 (458 Views)