Re: Mentor Skill in Sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

Mentor Skill in Sims 4

★★★ Newbie

I have Sims 4 for the PC and I have been struggling with learning how to Mentor people with the Mentor skill I just bought for one of my sims. Can anyone help me out? I currently only have cooking and comedy maxed out right now.

Message 2 of 14 (96,946 Views)

Skill

★★★ Newbie

Please explain me how the mentor skill works. I've been trying as hard as i can but I cant seem to mentor anyone

Message 1 of 14 (96,927 Views)

Hero

I think it shows up if another Sim is doing the interaction you are maxed out on. So have another Sim cook and then you should be able to mentor him.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 14 (96,914 Views)

★★ Novice

My sim used to be able to mentor his wife, but now that she's maxed out he won't.  So I went looking for other sims to mentor since I need the daily task in the bodybuilder career.  I can't seem to do it, so I was wondering if they have to have a certain level of relationship.

Message 4 of 14 (91,608 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Had the same issue but I figured it out.

Go to the gym and try to meet as many people as you see working out. Then try one by one to see who can you mentor?
When you find your students, try to daily call them to the gym and set both sims to work out together and then put your sim to mentor them.

It will help to have a higher skill level than them in order to mentor others, so try to level up the skill as soon as possible to make the mentoring process easier.

Anyway, hope it helps and good luck!

Message 5 of 14 (86,638 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I tried to do this with the guitar skill, so I picked the Jam interaction and then clicked on somebody and looked for the mentor interaction, but I couldn't find it!
Message 6 of 14 (81,232 Views)

★★ Novice

It only works on certain skills. You can only mentor if the target sim is practicing, not playing a song, or writing a song, but practicing. 

Message 7 of 14 (72,927 Views)

Champion

Also, you can't mentor Sims with the same skill level as you -- their sill level has to be lower than yours! Raised eyebrow That is why the Sim that was mentioned earlier wasn't able to mentor his wife when she reached his skill level.  Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 14 (72,893 Views)

★★ Novice

So if I need to mentor Violin skill, I should hang out at the Violin Conservatory.  Is that a thing?

Message 9 of 14 (68,698 Views)

★★★★ Guide

The Mentor skill allows you to mentor anyone to level 4 or 5 of the skill you are maxed out on.  Not all skills can be mentor by maxing out the skill.  The skills it affects is the music instrument skill and the fitness skill.  The mentor trait unlocks the other skills to be mentored such as cooking, dancing gardening and writing by talking about said skills.  Skills that you are 4 levels above the other sims you can mentor them with that reward.

The mentor trait does not affect the physical and music skills and has no impact on though skills you need to reach unlock which is 8, 9 or 10 depending on when it unlocks in that skill you will   get a ask to mentor and ask to train.  I know its a little confusing. 

Message 10 of 14 (68,674 Views)