Re: Meal Time

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

Meal Time

★★★ Novice

I find it really hard to have my sims sit down at the table to enjoy a meal. My sims will get in their bathingsuit and try to eat by the pool even if it is freezing outside. I also have a hard time getting them to have conversations at the table if I try to get them to talk they always stop eating and get up to hug each other instead of just staring the conversation. These are minor little inconveniences but I figured I would just bring them up for discussion. 

Message 1 of 8 (1,024 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Expert

@nyprivott Yeah lately I've been having the same thing happen with the swimming pools. They'd go out there to eat even during thunderstorms! I finally took the pool out. I'm not sure if this is something new or if it's been happening all along? I was using a mod to get them to eat at the table but the mod stopped working after a recent game patch & the last time I checked there was no updated version of that mod. Something must have been changed. Anyhow, yeah my Sims also do that hugging thing but that has been going on in my game for ages.

Message 2 of 8 (1,007 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@nyprivott 

Have one of your Sims "Set the table" they will then prefer to sit there to eat. Ordering the first to get food to sit at the table will also help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 8 (960 Views)

★★ Guide

@jpkarlsen  how can you "set the table"? This is something I wondered about since I stopped playing Sims2. I miss the "serve food" feature where the sim will indeed set the table and everyone sits down together for food. For the topic starter: I also experience this. My sims go to strange locations to eat, such as standing at the top of the staircase... :o

Message 4 of 8 (938 Views)

Champion (Retired)
@IrisuChan
Simply click on the table and select the option.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 5 of 8 (929 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@IrisuChan I think you need the Parenthood pack for this option to be available.

https://simsvip.com/sims-4-parenthood-guide/#PlaceSettings

set the table.JPG

Message 6 of 8 (893 Views)

★★ Novice

It's a real immersion breaker when they do this while exploring a temple in Jungle Adventure

Message 7 of 8 (689 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same for me too. The sims will cook but then walk away from the food they prepared still hungry. So once you get past THAT bug by making them grab their food anyway, then they go into a swimsuit and eat by the pool. Usually, going past tables and chairs that is closer by. It's a pain because now you have to change them out of those swimsuits and get them back in the house and by then, they have ate so they won't eat with anywhere else or with anyone else. Please fix.

Message 8 of 8 (665 Views)