Maybe famous sims shouldn't be disgusted by household members, or...?

by NateeAyoina

Original Post

Maybe famous sims shouldn't be disgusted by household members, or...?

★ Apprentice

I know there's been a bug where they did it towards spouses and children. I'm not sure if my issue is related however, as my famous sim is not married or a parent. However, he is reacting in disgust to other household members.

This does not at all fit with who he's supposed to be - a.k.a. he's not supposed to be self-absorbed, a snob, or any such things, and he does not have these personality traits either, for that reason!

I know there is a mod, but since this is a game I have paid for, and I pay every time I buy a new expansion pack... I really don't think it makes sense I should go and find mods to change things that don't work (bugs) or to implement things that it would make sense for the game developer to do in the first place.

So here's a suggestion: I think the activity "React in disgust" should be removed, or at least tied to specific personality traits or fame quirks, rather than fame level.

Why? Because not all famous people look down on non-famous people. Not all famous people are snobs. And since we have control over personality traits to some extent, it makes sense that this should be a player choice, too.

Please and thank you.

Message 1 of 3 (366 Views)

Re: Maybe famous sims shouldn't be disgusted by household members, or...?

Champion (Retired)

@NateeAyoina  That is one reason I rarely play with the option to be famous. Family or housemates should not trigger the "react in disgust" action.
My guess is that it is supposed to be an exaggeration of super famous persons who have an air of being better than everyone. 

As you commented not everyone is like that. Perhaps if it were a quirk based on fame level that could be a better option.

For now my Sims will be kept out of the limelight. 

EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 3 (340 Views)

Re: Maybe famous sims shouldn't be disgusted by household members, or...?

Champion
I agree full heartedly with your suggestion @NateeAyoina!
Contrary to @EuphorialQueen I do play with the perks of famous Sims.
In fact I have a whole bunch of famous sims in my game. It can come in handy when you want to create some distance between NPC-s and your own sims but it is definitely a nuisance in the households I play. So I will give it a big 'Me too' and hope it will get through.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 3 of 3 (324 Views)