Maybe Stall new Content until Old Issues are Fixed and Old Content Rehashed

by The_Suit05

Original Post

Maybe Stall new Content until Old Issues are Fixed and Old Content Rehashed

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

The game has a considerable amount of paid content - but it is also becoming apparent old content is not being updated or even being completely ignored and not fixed or updated.

I think for the health of the game - dedicate a larger portion of the team fixing long-standing issues - as more content you make and not fix it will just exacerbate future problems.

Which could include things like

1. Fixing Long-Standing Bugs that have been around for 6 months + ( Country living broke a ALOT of old game content - rockets \ invention machine \ animation loops etc ) 

2. Updating housing to be more practical in old content stages and improve their designs

3. have a dedicated team to release a documented API for modders

4. Move old DLC specific mechanics into base game - Such as camera pictures setting poses or container storage and bicycle from university

I think once the old content quality is upto snuff then start the content machine again. The big content delay can also be used to make a bigger and meatier content pack - while the old stuff gets fixed and a new coat of paint is applied. 

Message 1 of 2 (255 Views)

Re: Maybe Stall new Content until Old Issues are Fixed and Old Content Rehashed

★★★ Pro

1. Its not so easy to fix bugs. Specially for a so old game. You fix one bug you got two back. I know fixing bugs for maxis works other as Modder fix bugs. (Yeah, I don’t like it that we have so many bugs. I really think they should remove their testing team and use gamechanger or player for testing these things! Just make closed beta with chosen player and they get the DLC as payment.  Player who loves the game are better tester because they want the game works right and allow it to test the game with more DLC when the game is *in okey* state with basegame)

2. I think they work these things. Clearly would not be retroactive. I love the blank maxis design because I can be creative. With the new houses from gamechanger I don’t have this anymore. I know many loves these, but I wish they would us give more empty lots with new worlds!  I don’t want to demolish all the pretty houses from gamechanger only because I only have 2 empty lots!

3. Nope, will never happen. Maxis don’t support official modding. They just make it easy for causalplayer to mod.

4. I can understand this mindset and I really apricate it, but many players would hate this. They paid for these objects and now maxis give it for free? Why should they still pay full price for a DLC if maxis give objects from this paid DLC after a while for free? For myself I don’t have a problem if objects or whole packs goes in the base game after 1-2years but not everyone have these mindsets.

---

People hate it that no DLC came in December, and you want more of this slow released? I have all DLC and Kits, and I clearly not the only with this. I want new GAMEPLAY DLC’s, I don’t mind the slow bug fixing but I don’t want new packs with game breaking bugs or weird setting *looking at you ECO/Snowy/CL and DustTheBust!*.  

I truly love sims4 and generally I think the team make good decision, just they are horrible with fine tuning things. (Special idle animation and how much they play in game)

Message 2 of 2 (202 Views)