Re: May I make a few suggestions?

by meeshmeesh3

Original Post

May I make a few suggestions?

★★★ Novice

Hello!

During this pandemic - I've been working from home and after watching EnglishSimmer's Let's Plays to pass the time, I've restarted playing TS4 again. The last pack I bought was Island Living so as you can tell, I'm pretty much waiting for bug fixes, updates & a decent EP to be released.

But in the meantime, I thought it'd be good to collect some of the things that I think should be added to the game without the use of mods, as I cba with that and expect my game to be fully playable as they're pretty expensive for what you get these days. Coming from a player that has been playing The Sims since Livin' It Up was released; I'm pretty much a veteran oStandard smile now I feel old.

Anyway, I don't expect everybody to agree but there could be a possibility of a Guru picking some up and adding it to the game... :*

Base Game:

- When you propose and wed your Sims, I've noticed when they put the ring on it disappears - I think it would be realistic to have the ring stay on the finger.
- When Sims get married, their guests send items/Simoelons as presents. Just like real life.
- Add a Chinese and Indian Cuisine delivery service to your sims house.
- Allow Sims to become Landlords - Sims can own multiple houses/apartments without the need to move and rent them to other sims to earn extra Simoleons. Landlords can choose how much to charge and also advertise if a property is empty.
- Add Vegan dishes to the recipe book.
- Sims can fall pregnant without the need to click ''try for baby''
- Reintroduce the Newspaper - to be realistic, not all elderly people carry mobile phones. So when new Sims are made they first get a newspaper delivered and then you can select to purchase a variety of phones if you choose.
- Allow Kids to do gardening. Simple

Get Famous:

- There isn't really a career direction to be a famous Singer so maybe add a Recording Booth so sims can write and record songs.
- Go as a solo artist or form a band. Allow players to hire a manager, name the band or for solo singers, a stage name if they choose.
- Allow famous solo singers/bands to release singles and albums which they can customise with how many songs they want on the album, the single/album title, coverart and release date with promotional tours. The bigger your artist and the quality of the albums/singles will earn your sims more Simoelons; but only if the quality of each single/album are outstanding.
- Singers/bands can record Music Videos which can be played on the radio/tv.
- Celebrities can partake in interviews and photoshoots which can be added to magazine/newspaper tabloids. Similar to TS1: Superstar.
- Record documentaries which you can film different episodes and choose when to release them.

Get To Work/Dine Out:

- Add an active career as an Event Planner where your Sims can do different tasks for other sims such as weddings, birthdays etc and they can get creative and customise different venues to suit the needs and theme.
- When Sims own a restaurant or retail store, you can open it without being there so your sims can still do different activities and still earn Simoelons. Only if they have hired a Manager of course.

Get Together:

- Add more festivals on a regular basis. The current ones are getting very samey.

Realm of Magic:

- I was very excited for this pack but it lacked substance so maybe add a career to work for a magical government which you can work your way up to be a Spellcaster Minister or even work for magical police to fight off dark magic.
- Rework the spells or add new ones as they just seem to be copies of codes that sims can currently do but with a little bit of animation.
- Add Bonehilda for those extra bit of hands around the house and the Gnomes from Makin' Magic! Those little men were entertaining for a few hours, until they wrecked havoc on your plants!
- Add baby dragons back that were introduced in Makin' Magic.

CAS:

- Fine facial hair (stubble) for male sims. The current one is too much for what I want to create.
- Rework the male and female underwear to make them look half decent and designer looking.
- Enable one ear stud/hoop on a ear of choice, it automatically adds them on both ears.
- Add curly hair. The current ones that I have only look like messy hair and not curly looking.

And that's all I have... for now! >Standard smile

Drop your feedback and thanks for reading. Now my fingers and brain hurt!

Message 1 of 7 (499 Views)

★★★ Guide
@jayglover158 100% support all of these! Awesome suggestions Standard smile

If I may addd: City Living, Flea Market (which is the only festival I bother to attend): Please can you add other things than lighting and seating?? Please? There is never anything I want to buy there, unless I'm lucky enough to find the lamps with the Inspired aura. I'll still go because of the collectibles, been quite lucky with those once in a while.

But still, there are so many categories to choose from. Why limit it to lights and sofas/chairs?
Message 2 of 7 (464 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I am pretty sure there is a mod to allow you to change the percent chance of getting pregnant without trying for a baby. Right now it's at 0... It should be at least 1%! Anyways, I've seen lilsimsie on youtube adjust her percentage for this. I wish there was a way to do this without mods though. I get some people would want a 0% chance... But yeah I would like at least 1% chance for woo-hoo... and then maybe the option to put your child up for adoption (like if you are a criminal and dont think its safe to care for a baby?) 

Message 3 of 7 (453 Views)

★★★ Novice
@meeshmeesh3 I’m aware there are mods but as I said above, I don’t want to use them in my game. It’s just me being faddy.

If this was Sims 1 where live updates didn't exist, then I wouldn’t be complaining about the lack of gameplay and features some of these packs have for the prices EA sell them for. It’s absurd.

Although, I bought Eco Lifestyle the other day and I’m pretty impressed with it so far.
Message 4 of 7 (440 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@jayglover158 Yes I know, It would be nice for them to add this option. I agree with the prices of the packs, if one were to buy all packs it would be over $1000. -.-.

Nice about Eco Lifestyle, just be cautious - if you are doing the gardening aspiration, it might be easier to disable the pack features (eco footprint), as your plants evolve automatically. Standard smile
Message 5 of 7 (411 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@jayglover158 I agree with @meeshmeesh3 on this pack. Some of the Neighborhood Action Plans (NAPs) from the Eco Lifestyle pack have effects that many players find undesirable (Sharing is Caring, I am looking at you here!). I disable NPC voting for the NAPs in my game options so only my Sims have control of which NAPs (if any) are active in their neighborhood. This allows me to try out the NAPs to see which ones I like and which ones I dislike. Since there is no NPC voting anywhere there are no other neighborhoods in any of my worlds with active NAPs.

For controlling the Eco footprint of my Sims' neighborhood I use the Eco_Footprint.Set_Eco_Footprint_State # cheat where the # is 0, 1, or 2 (0 = Green, 1 = Neutral, 2 = Industrial). When using this cheat the change in the Eco footprint for that neighborhood is instantaneous.

Message 6 of 7 (403 Views)

★★★ Novice
@RandomBuzziness @meeshmeesh3 Haha, thanks for the heads up guys! I’ve started a new sim who currently wants to be an aspiring singer/songwriter so no gardening plans yet!
Message 7 of 7 (379 Views)