Maxis Curated Items Hidden As Reported

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Maxis Curated Items Hidden As Reported

Champion (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All packs installed and patches are current thru 04Feb2020
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Verify game options settings Other - Hide Reported Content Look at gallery in game with both checked (hidden) and unchecked (not hidden). Note the difference in items you can or cannot see with both options.
What happens when the bug occurs? Player creations cannot be reviewed with "Hide Reported Content". I realize this is by design. Please see additional comments below.
What do you expect to see? There should be a review process in place. If content is reported for any reason it should be reviewed to determine of the report is false.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

There are dozens upon dozens {hundreds? thousands?} of creators who spend uncountable hours perfecting original work to share on the gallery. These creations are being falsely reported for no particularly obvious reason. This is especially sad for Maxis Curated items even those shared by Maxis!
For myself and many creators it is about the process of making things to enhance the enjoyment of our games. Sharing them makes me happy and getting recognition is a treat not an expectation.
I realize the "Hide Reported Content" is there for a reason and works 'by design'. The *Bug* part of this post is to determine if there is an actual process in place to review reported content to determine if the report is justified. If there is such a thing in place it clearly is not working ... intended or otherwise.
Thank you for taking the time to review this report.

EQ Avid (and faithful) Sims Player

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 1 of 4 (783 Views)

Re: Maxis Curated Items Hidden As Reported

★★★ Novice

25 of my latest pets have been reported , and it certainly feels targeted

There is zero reason for any of my pets to be reported, I write nothing offensive in their descriptions , each is painted by hand by me in create a pet, I even share the process of this on twitter step by step 

How is this not an abuse of the report system ? It most certainly feels like bullying 

Message 2 of 4 (700 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EuphorialQueen I am 1000% on board with your points! Thank you for making this report for us all! There are a couple of threads on this that I'm aware of that have some good information:

I'm not recommending reviving those threads, but just referencing the conversations and information shared in them.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 4 (610 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Today 10March2020
Did you know all the newest Maxis creations are hidden as reported?
I tested this just now and can see MelinaSophie then the next newest is BrentHong shared in July 2019.
That means all of those great new celebrity Sims just added to the gallery along with the SimGurus are not viewable.

The issue of (IMO) wrongly reported creations is not limited to Maxis but also the fantastic works shared by many talented creators in the community.
Negative or hurtful comments should indeed be reported.
However there really needs to be a review process to reinstate creations that have been wrongly reported.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 4 of 4 (559 Views)