Maximum sim count: Add more higher number; 300, 500.

by 99publicidentity

Original Post

Maximum sim count: Add more higher number; 300, 500.

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

I know there's an "Unlimited" option, but I just want to use higher number as a cap. Currently I use 200, but I didn't set any unplayed household as favorite

because I have near 200 played(180+) sims.

This game's max population is 575 IIRC. Then why not add 500 option and remove "Unlimited" option because it's misguided.

If I have 500, I could add unplayed household(business related sims) to favorites to prevent deletion.

Also, this game like to create random townies[1]. If I have 500, there's a random 75 seats to take. So I can see a variation in random people and I don't need to delete households every time I load world menu. This game make 75+ random townies and delete old ones(unfavorites) anyway.

So, I'd like to see 300 and 500 options.

[1] https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Too-many-homeless-sim-sim-pet-1pet-households-are-generat... etc.

Message 1 of 5 (8,626 Views)

Re: Maximum sim count: Add more higher number; 300, 500.

★★ Pro

Hi there @99publicidentity  

Not sure if you use mods, but thought I'd let you know if you search TS4 CC Arkeus17 ModTheSims More Sims in the World you'll find his mod which A: changes the District limit up to 300 (in increments of 50 ie: 200, 250 etc) B: Also, with this mod, more sims will appear at all the venues, and walking in the street too -
There's the 2x, 3x, 5x and 10 version for each venue type, you can also mix it up a bit from there.

Hope this helps..

Sasha

Message 2 of 5 (8,600 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm not "against" the mod, but I want to keep changes to a minimum.

I use MCCC and my personal created mod(which I carefully created and never share anyone) only.

By keeping mod use to a minimum, I can easily switch to no-mod status to debug this game.

I'm asking about 300/500 option here so the EA devs might pick up this idea.

Sure, just-use-a-mod is the easiest way to solve problems, but you could ask for a change like me.

Message 3 of 5 (8,593 Views)

★★ Pro

I understand, but just gave you a workaround.  "Suggestions are fine" but, the game goes through a huge amount of work by the developers, and have never heard of a suggestion 'going through' is all, even though there are countless amounts of them.  

Cheers.

Message 4 of 5 (8,588 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I'm agreee!! with cats and dogs 200 is not enough but I hate the unlimited option too... at least 250 and 300 would be nice  Frown

Message 5 of 5 (8,486 Views)