Maximum Amount of Relationships

by burin077

Original Post

Maximum Amount of Relationships

★★★★★ Guide

I've heard multiple opinions in Sims 4 about how many relationships one Sim is able to maintain, however I have never gotten a straight answer on the maximum amount of relationships a Sim is able to have. I've mostly heard theories, or heard how mods handle relationships:

The most common one I have heard has to do with there being a "soft cap" of 35 relationships, with the game progressively culling relationships you no longer interact with.

Could anyone provide some more clarity/detail as to how many relationships you can have, and how the game treats interactions in the game? Further, if there is a culling system for relationships, how does it work?

- B

Message 1 of 5 (848 Views)

Re: Maximum Amount of Relationships

Champion

@burin077  There is some good information about relationships in this post: http://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/relationships/ I will look further into if there are caps/culls to how many relationships the sim can have (or how many will show up in their 'relationships pop-up/record. It wouldn't surprise me if there is a limit to how many can be displayed there, which may or may not indicate they are 'culled'. It's possible that they only display the top35 or something along that line. Anyway, I will took into this plus check on it further with other 'helpers' here and let you know what I find out...

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 5 (836 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@burin077 
I found this description of the Dec 17, 2015 patch but do not see specifics about relationship culling, just that they found that "it turns out culling happens because of the need of those three items: load times, memory usage, and performance." https://simsvip.com/2015/12/04/the-sims-4-new-game-patch-december-4th-2015/

This thread has some good information about relationship culling that you may find helpful:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15366829#Comment_15366829

@Neia , do you know of any specifics on relationship culling for the game currently?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 5 (829 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Is there anyway to disable "culling" or increase the limit? With mods or otherwise?

Message 4 of 5 (283 Views)

Community Manager

Hi all,

This thread is a bit older now, so it's been locked to prevent necro-posting.

If you're needing further help on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread instead and we'll be happy to take a look with you Standard smile

Don't "necropost." Reviving, updating or bumping old, outdated and irrelevant threads is not helpful for our community. It's best to check when the thread was created before you hit post, just to make sure it's not 2 years old for example.

solaire.png

Message 5 of 5 (278 Views)