Re: Married to a "dead" ghost

by Psychotps

Original Post

Married to a "dead" ghost

★★★ Newbie

So, I made my Sim  marry a ghost, and after some time I sent the ghost to the Netherworld. Now I can't marry again, because it says I'm already married. Is this supposed to happen? I'm going to stay engaged for the rest of my Sim life?

Message 1 of 7 (2,200 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @NereidaVB - When you send a ghost to the Netherworld, they're completely removed from the game, so you can't call the ghost over to divorce them any more. That being said, it seems like if the sim is gone, you shouldn't have it in your relationships at all anymore.

I suggest you try to repair your game -

• Exit TS4 and Origin completely.
  • Delete the file localthumbcache.package Default location is C:\[YourUserName]\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
  • Launch Origin "As Administrator" (Right-click Origin.exe, choose Compatibility tab, Check the box next to "Run this program as administrator")
  • In Origin, right-click The Sims 4 icon and choose "Repair". Origin has to be online for this to complete. Let the repair run until completed, on the game and any addons installed
  • Launch The Sims 4 and check to see if the issue is fixed.

The other thing you might try is to recover a previous save, from before you released the ghost to the netherworld. Unfortunately, you would lose any progress you've made since then, but you could divorce your ghost before you send them to the netherworld. https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2014/09/save-games/#wiederherstellen

Reply back and let us know if either of these options work. Fingers crossed 

Message 2 of 7 (2,129 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@NereidaVB I ran in to a similar issue on PS4. I had a Sim marry her ghost fiance and later had the ghost release his spirit so she could get married to someone less ghostly. The game still saw her as married though and I wasn't able to have her remarry, or even create her a husband in the CAS. The option was locked for her. 

Message 3 of 7 (2,085 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, did you ever successfully fix this? Thanks

Message 4 of 7 (1,695 Views)

★★★★ Expert

You can use MCCC to delete the relationship, that will get rid of the marriage as well.

Message 5 of 7 (1,679 Views)

★ Novice

thankyou! took some fiddling but it seems to have worked

Message 6 of 7 (1,631 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Not going to id love to have that even know if laugh my bottom off 🤭

That's pretty weird how that happens, Did you try contacting sims 4 bug reports? Standard smile

Be safe!

Message 7 of 7 (1,613 Views)