Mansion Help (2nd Floor not recognized)

by dprkrumpet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Mansion Help (2nd Floor not recognized)

★ Novice

My second floor isn't being detected in my house. My 3rd and 4th floors are, but the second floor is inaccessible, even with teleport enabled. It just doesn't recognize it as a playable space. Help would be appreciated. dprkrumpet is the username and it's the house with 777777 value.

Message 1 of 4 (403 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Mansion Help (2nd Floor not recognized)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@dprkrumpet Wow... I tried so many things on this lot to test out what the issue was! I have good news and bad news.

Good News: I was able to get it working.

Bad News: It's not a simple fix.

When I placed the lot, in 'World View' there was a scary looking black pattern over the area that I haven't seen before:
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.28.48 AM.png

When I went in I did find a few things that I hoped would just be the issue, but fixing them did not make it functional... though they should be fixed:
There were windows on the second floor on front and back that had two windows placed over each other. If you select the window and hit 'delete' you will see a window still there, but then the extra window will be gone: 

All five of these windows....
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.35.14 AM.png

The two center windows in this screenshot...
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.38.44 AM.png

Also, you had an open balcony area and an open stairway. I ended up re-doing both areas in the manner I posted in the stairways bug report to get the stairway to work (Comment #41). However, there is a simpler workaround marked at the beginning of the bug report that you could try instead:
Stairs Bug Report:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/LAUNDRY-LIST-WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/...

I also rebuilt the ceiling over the area adjacent to the open stairway since it also did not have a ceiling, and I increased the opening (removed the angle) over the area the Sim goes up to increase head clearance.

Unfortunately, this did not remove the large black area over the lot, and it did not allow the Sim to go up the stairs until I did the following also...

• I removed all furniture and items on the 2nd floor except the outer walls and the stairway, stairway hallway/balcony, and the balcony opening that I had retraced all walls on and rebuilt the ceiling on.
  • I then retraced the walls on the rest of the 2nd floor (all of the remaining walls - I had deleted many of the inner walls.

Now I tested and I could get the 'go here' command when clicking the floor on the 2nd floor and the Sim could go up the stairs... 

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 1.55.31 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 1.56.39 AM.png

...and in the 'World View' map the large black area was gone:
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 1.39.16 AM.png

Hopefully this will help. I look forward to hearing how it went for you! 

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Champion

@dprkrumpet Wow... I tried so many things on this lot to test out what the issue was! I have good news and bad news.

Good News: I was able to get it working.

Bad News: It's not a simple fix.

When I placed the lot, in 'World View' there was a scary looking black pattern over the area that I haven't seen before:
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.28.48 AM.png

When I went in I did find a few things that I hoped would just be the issue, but fixing them did not make it functional... though they should be fixed:
There were windows on the second floor on front and back that had two windows placed over each other. If you select the window and hit 'delete' you will see a window still there, but then the extra window will be gone: 

All five of these windows....
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.35.14 AM.png

The two center windows in this screenshot...
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 12.38.44 AM.png

Also, you had an open balcony area and an open stairway. I ended up re-doing both areas in the manner I posted in the stairways bug report to get the stairway to work (Comment #41). However, there is a simpler workaround marked at the beginning of the bug report that you could try instead:
Stairs Bug Report:  https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/LAUNDRY-LIST-WORKAROUND-Open-staircase-cause-routing-failures/...

I also rebuilt the ceiling over the area adjacent to the open stairway since it also did not have a ceiling, and I increased the opening (removed the angle) over the area the Sim goes up to increase head clearance.

Unfortunately, this did not remove the large black area over the lot, and it did not allow the Sim to go up the stairs until I did the following also...

• I removed all furniture and items on the 2nd floor except the outer walls and the stairway, stairway hallway/balcony, and the balcony opening that I had retraced all walls on and rebuilt the ceiling on.
  • I then retraced the walls on the rest of the 2nd floor (all of the remaining walls - I had deleted many of the inner walls.

Now I tested and I could get the 'go here' command when clicking the floor on the 2nd floor and the Sim could go up the stairs... 

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 1.55.31 AM.png Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 1.56.39 AM.png

...and in the 'World View' map the large black area was gone:
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 1.39.16 AM.png

Hopefully this will help. I look forward to hearing how it went for you! 

Message 2 of 4 (354 Views)

★ Novice
@SheriGR It took a few hours, but I was able to get it fixed for her. That black smudge on the overworld screen is gone too, which was disturbing to say the least. You’re a rockstar.
Message 3 of 4 (300 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@dprkrumpet Awww... You're so kind! Thank you for letting me know... That made my day!  I'm just delighted it worked out!

I must admit, it took me a couple of hours in testing before I posted! If the lot wasn't so large and the repairs so involved I would have made a directional video, but with the video recorder open, combined with the lag due to the size of the lot, it would have been a long and torturous video! Standard smile

Well, now she can have a lot of fun in her beautiful mansion! Party hat

Message 4 of 4 (296 Views)