Male sim mean actions

by EloquentSickness

Original Post

Male sim mean actions

★★★ Apprentice

Okay not sure if I should post this to bugs so it'll go here first. I have the get to work expansion pack. So of course means alien abduction. But my male sim gets taken every night unless he gets pregnant he's had so far four alien babies. But I've noticed with each abduction and he gets pregnant he starts doing mean interactions with his spouse for no reason. As soon as the alien baby reaches teen he gets taken again and gets pregnant again. Now this amount seems a whole lot to much since I've only had the get to work pack a few weeks and already had four kids.

Message 1 of 5 (354 Views)

Re: Male sim mean actions

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EloquentSickness Welcome to the alien abduction. This abduction can happen when there are too many free slots in your household. The game gives you some challenges. It happend to my Sims as well. When your Sim is a scientist you will have the ability to produce a satellite dish with which your Sim can communicate with the aliens.  Best practice is to upgrade this satellite dish and put it onto a roof or somewhere else on your lot. Keep an ear and an eye open for strange sounds or lights and prevent your sim checking out these strange lights. Or of course use the option 'prevent abduction' by clicking on the upgraded scientist satellite dish.

There is a workaround to prevent too many alien babies. Take a pet!

Have fun playing. 😉

Edit: The rate of the abductions however made me think of a few other options 

How often and more specific in what time span did these abductions occur? Could it be a mod related issue. In other words do you use any mods or cc and could the rate of the obductions be mod related?

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 2 of 5 (333 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have used some mods but mostly just for these two for their relationship since they seem to argue constantly and it's become a chore to constantly fix their relationship status. Since I can only seem to keep him from doing mean interactions only when he and his spouse are in a group conversation. Which is so not helping her soul mate aspiration needing two silver dates but can't be alone with her spouse. Also strangely enough his last abduction happened in the middle of the day which before it was only between midnight and four in the morning so I made sure I was either in another house hold or locked the doors only for him. But the daylight kidnapping was unexpected. The aliens seem to like his super fertile self and are willing to show up even in the day time

Message 3 of 5 (296 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@EloquentSickness Do you by any chance also have the Eco Living Pack and if so is there any possibility that one of the Neighbourhood Action Plans, like  Roughhousing Encouraged, is actieve?

That would also explain why the mean reaction occurs in group related activities. On the other hand I would also check the influence of certain relationship mods. 

I hope you will find the cause of this mean streak.

Have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 5 (282 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I don't have echo the only expansion pack I have at the moment is get to work. I chose to add packs slowly since I know certain ones make the game more broken then it is. I used the cheat menu to do the relationship fix not sure if that has side effects other then some very strange arm bends which can make for some very funny screen shots. Especially when one sim is upstairs ones standing at the bottom arms bend around behind the sim and stretch all the way to the top of the steps to do a hug interaction.

Message 5 of 5 (256 Views)