Re: Male Alien Pregnancies from abductions not possible anymore?

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Male Alien Pregnancies from abductions not possible anymore?

★★★★ Novice

Hello! I wonder if it is still possible to have an abducted male sim to get pregnant? I have managed to have the same sim abducted 5 times and neither time has come back pregnant. The last 2 months real life game time has taken this and I am highly considering just editing in an Alien toddler just because I just can't seem to get my male sim pregnant. (This feels wrong however as the family sort of trying to make the grandmother count as the mother when I select the specific sim as the father.)

Every night I use the disc to contact aliens and it takes about 2-3 sim weeks between each abduction at least with this method. I have checked all over the internet and I just can't find any % chance per night you have in order to get abducted nor how hard it is to be pregnant. I even picked the fertility trait on the said sim in hope that it will make it easier to make him carry an Alien baby.

Is it possible, like in Sims 3 that you can save as you're abducted or save during the dazed moodlet for the abduction and just reload the game till he is pregnant? 

A different household I made as the expansion came out, a dude who had never been in contact with anything got abducted and pregnant 4 times in a row. I believe you made a patch to reduce the likelihood, but it seems a bit excessively hard to get it to happen now, seeing many of my fellow simmers have tried for months and months without it happening. I read someone have had over 100 abductions on the same sim without him getting pregnant.

Also off topic: My U.F.O plant is green as if it's withering when it is growing and thriving, and bright blue whenever it got bugs around it. Seems the states got switched around with the latest patch for me.

Message 1 of 60 (62,819 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Infact yes. your male sims will get adbucted however they lowered the chance of pregnancy. there are other ways you can do it. change your normal male sim to the can become pregnant option find an alien and well you know what you'd do next. you'll have alien nights at the bars if you can't find one. you can also go off "world" which will allow many to spawn. Keep in mind once you open the flood gate it will get annoying -.-.. I have had several of my male vampire get abducted and imprgnanted which makes for a possible alien vampire hybrid. They actualy don't the proper coding for those. so like I said once you open that flood gate it can get really odd. In the end I simply suggest just make the sim you want impregnanted into a "can become pregnant" sim. and just have your game generate an alien or move one in yourself. That way you can get the colored alien you want plus you'll still get your alien affirmations.

Message 2 of 60 (62,761 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't my sim give birth to an Alien Hybrid then if he get pregnant with one the normal way? A hybrid doesn't have the cool eyes and powers Frown

Message 3 of 60 (62,744 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I also can't get alien pregnancy for a male sim, I've tried reloading again and again (saved just when "strange light" appeared). Can someone at least please tell how fast (in-game hours) it is possible to tell if sim got pregnant?  After he comes back, of course. I tired of waiting to check it every time, and i don't even know how long I should wait to be sure!

Message 4 of 60 (62,689 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

In my game, the "Contact Aliens" satellite interaction every-so-often spawns several aliens to come and visit the lot; no abductions, though. 

I understand that there are simmers who would rather not have their playable sims abducted/impregnated, but for those who do enjoy aliens and alien interactions in-game, the current lowered percentages are a tad annoying. 

I noticed that, like vampires, aliens have gotten a re-design to their plumbobs; why not then add a feature where you can set the percentage of abductions/impregnations? It doesn't need to be anything drastic; a simple Low, Medium, or High setting would work, and would keep everyone happy regardless of playing preferences.

My UFO plant is always brown, regardless of current health. It looks so disgusting in an otherwise perfect garden. Standard smile  

Message 5 of 60 (62,528 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I found that if I made my male sim a scientist, made him contact aliens after 8 o'clock, and then do an interaction outside, he (or my other sim) would be abducted almost every time! I've had him abducted about fourteen times and he still hasn't become preggers. I guess I'll just keep trying! 

Message 6 of 60 (60,787 Views)

Champion (Retired)
Remember that there must be room in your household with a max of 8 sims including cats and dogs plus any current pregnancies (potential of three babies).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 60 (60,776 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

i am having the same problem, everywhere in the internet people say to use mods but i refuse to.

i saved as the sim was abducted but everytime i load he still won't come back pregnant Frown 

Message 8 of 60 (59,927 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The outcome was likely already fixed when the abduction happened. So reloading will not change that.

Also read my other reply above.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 9 of 60 (59,923 Views)

Hero
I moved this to game information as feedback

@TizianaR88 for awareness.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 60 (59,914 Views)