Make Facial Hair Usable For All Frames & "Invite Household" interaction.

by frogcandles

Original Post

Make Facial Hair Usable For All Frames & "Invite Household" interaction.

★ Guide

This is two feedback ideas for The Sims 4 team rolled into one as to not spam. 

My first idea; Un-restricted facial hair. It's 2022. We know everyone can get facial hair in real life, so why is it still only usable if your sim has the male identification in CAS? It's time to un-restrict it and let every sim be able to have facial hair, similar to body hair. Not only is this just a great customization feature, it's also an act of inclusion for trans simmers like myself and allows those with PCOS to finally create their authentic selves within the game. 

My second idea; "Invite Household" interaction. We've all been there; your kid is ready to age up and you decide to throw a birthday party for them...then you realize your adult sim doesn't know the kids friends so you wind up with 5 adults and no kids at the party. Worst. Birthday. Ever. I think it would be great if we had an interaction called "Invite Household To Hangout At Current Lot", this would allow our sims to meet the whole family in time to give our kids the best birthday party they could ever want! 

Message 1 of 4 (557 Views)

Re: Make Facial Hair Usable For All Frames & "Invite Household" in

Community Manager

Hi there @frogcandles,

I'm loving this feedback, thanks so much for taking the time to write this up! 

I absolutely agree that facial hair should available for all genders in CAS- not only for inclusion for our transgender Simmers, but let's be real, facial hair on women is extremely normal! 

I can also definitely say I've had birthday parties like this when I was younger- nothing but your parent's friends and not a single other kid in sight... Not a good experience Disappointed

I'll be sure to get your feedback on this sent on up to the team Standard smile

solaire.png

Message 2 of 4 (482 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@EA_Solaire wrote:

Hi there @frogcandles,

I'm loving this feedback, thanks so much for taking the time to write this up! 

I absolutely agree that facial hair should available for all genders in CAS- not only for inclusion for our transgender Simmers, but let's be real, facial hair on women is extremely normal! 

I can also definitely say I've had birthday parties like this when I was younger- nothing but your parent's friends and not a single other kid in sight... Not a good experience Disappointed

I'll be sure to get your feedback on this sent on up to the team Standard smile

I don't like this idea at all - we already have to run around removing unwanted face piercings and other horrors when a sim is generated, don't want to have to run around removing facial hair as well on random female sims.

Perhaps a CAS toggle for these things in sims generation mode - facial piercings and facial hair - could be given to us first so we can choose to disable random generation from including these items, can you pass that feedback on.

Message 3 of 4 (362 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

I think it could work as tattoos; you don’t get any randoms with tattoos without mods. I think that player have this option is important.

Message 4 of 4 (339 Views)