Major complaints about Sims 4

by sandfang

Original Post

Major complaints about Sims 4

★★★★ Novice

I love Sims and previously played the heck out of Sims 3. Sims 4 is giving me so much aggravation I can barely play it. My game is fully updated but there are so many gameplay issues I think I'm going to just have to quit out of sheer frustration. Let me provide an example: My current Sim has reached the top of her career as Chief of Police, and yet her duties have not changed at all. She has the best bed in the game and yet she cannot get through a whole day without being exhausted. Every single special event she's attended has had problems and she's not able to finish the event quests. Her OWN birthday was a failure because there was not enough time to do everything. Her two dogs keep running away, even in the middle of play time, or bath time, or being fed and so on. I HATE THAT. Why, developers, would you build in dogs running away? WTF? This makes me sad beyond belief. The whole damn game sucks. Also, my sim is continually getting stuck and I have to use the reset console command REGULARLY. I am angry that I spent so much money on a broken POS game. I have expansions and stuff packs, and EA, you so rarely give anything away anymore it's just not worth the time. At least in Sims 3 there were regular giveaways and freebies. I absolutely despise having to buy more and more stuff packs just to get items that look decent in the home of the sim. Thanks for nothing EA.

Message 1 of 3 (1,395 Views)

Re: Major complaints about Sims 4

Champion (Retired)

@sandfang 

You should consider using the pause button (0) to queue up a few tasks when you get overwhelmed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (1,382 Views)

Re: Major complaints about Sims 4

[ Edited ]
Champion

@sandfang 

I haven't played the detective career, so I have no helpful tips directly related to that, and I'm not from EA so I will not address the frustration since it would not be productive for having your voice heard.... but...

In addition to the important suggestion from @jpkarlsen (pause is your friend many a time in Sims) I had a few things I though I'd share that helped in my game.

• I have played high-drain careers before and they can be rather discouraging, especially if once you reach the top tier of the career the drain is still strong. As far as quests, I have noticed that with my max level Scientist I completed the original tasks for the day and there kept being more added. I didn't remember seeing this at lower levels in this 'go to work with' career. But at the top level even though more tasks kept arising on the list, and not everything was done like at lower levels, I wondered if it increased the end of day pay, as she came home with a huge check for the day. I haven't tested that, but it may be possible. Maybe you should not worry about finishing every single task at work, then see if the day is less draining? If I don't enjoy the work type or workload for a particular career once you hit the top level, I find a new career. There are definitely many less stressful careers irl and in the game.
  • I hate throwing birthday parties in Sims. Parties or social gatherings in general can be a chaotic, high-maintenance mess. I avoid them like the plague, and I know I'm not the only one. 
  • I almost always add a fenced in yard with a gate that's locked for dogs. I add a doggie door so they can use the yard and we're good. They can get into or out of the yard when they're on a leash or your sim is carrying them - or you can unlock it until they go in, etc. That is the safest way to avoid the run-away thing. There are also traits that will make running away and exploring more likely in cats and dogs. You may want to avoid those. (Also, the automatic feed dog dish does help some, though I still have to call them to eat some of the time, which is weird.)
  • A frozen/stuck sim can be reset. (Unless you mean they are stuck behind something, etc., in which case please remove items or rebuild areas they they are routing into but cannot route out of.) If your sim freezes or has a coffee cup stuck in their hand or that type of thing, please leave then re-enter the lot or shift-click on them and choose to reset the sim.
    It sounds like maybe you're on console? If so and shift-click won't work there, please reset the sim as in these instructions through the cheat bar: https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-reset-stuck-and-unresponsive-sims-in-the-s...

I hope something here may help a bit. 

SheriGR Coffee cup  I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 3 (1,358 Views)